AoE nuker/poker Maokai?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

I just noticed that Vengeful Maelstrom (R) is on a base 20Sec cooldown at max rank, dealing 200+0.5AP damage in an extremely large area for a measly 75mana (if you pop it right away). In essence, apart from a few ultimate spells and Xerath, I can't even see anyone being able to hit him back. Doesn't this...feels abusable?

Let's look at it this way--at maximum CDR, Maokai can nibble your entire team without any recourse once every 12sec. Combine with his Sapling (180+280 base damage if there are no minions to take the hit), this could easily work out to some crazy siege game, where staying under the Tower to guard it would cause the enemy entire team to easily lose half their HP in 15sec (not very high DPS actually), but without a single way to touch you back.

Go go AP Maokai?

Pants are Dragon

03-12-2013

if you go ap, you basically are going to go in an 1 shot someone and when you die, your ult activates and you are basically a suicide bomber.

but i mean if you take out 1 guy its all good!! have fun

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants are Dragon View Post
if you go ap, you basically are going to go in an 1 shot someone and when you die, your ult activates and you are basically a suicide bomber.

but i mean if you take out 1 guy its all good!! have fun
Considering I have almost the highest range in the game, why am I going into melee range? (I know I have 2 melee range skills, but why do I have to use it to poke?)

Or is poke/push team so out of fashion that it is a taboo now?

Pants are Dragon

03-12-2013

oh if you want a poke team, yeah you can spam saplings all day

but i mean if you want blood.. well prepare to die as well

Sephïroth

03-12-2013

Why not just play Anivia instead? She has a better ultimate.