Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why am I losing so many points in ranked play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tarabull

03-12-2013

I don't feel like I can ever get ahead in ranked play. I don't understand why I'm losing so many points for every loss. I just got done with a ranked game where I pulled a 10.0 KDA on janna. Both teams were very even and we lost the game with one fateful teamfight. Why am I losing 25 points for this game? That is crazy. What is going on?

I don't want to feel like I'm being punished for doing my job and playing an even game. You can't tell me that Riots current model for the game is to pull a 10.0 KDA on a pubstomper to carry the team to victory.

Pants are Dragon

03-12-2013

#supportticket ask!

Xocolatl

Recruiter

03-12-2013

Quote:
Tarabull:
I don't feel like I can ever get ahead in ranked play. I don't understand why I'm losing so many points for every loss. I just got done with a ranked game where I pulled a 10.0 KDA on janna. Both teams were very even and we lost the game with one fateful teamfight. Why am I losing 25 points for this game? That is crazy. What is going on?

I don't want to feel like I'm being punished for doing my job and playing an even game. You can't tell me that Riots current model for the game is to pull a 10.0 KDA on a pubstomper to carry the team to victory.

You lose the same amount as your team, I think. And I know that beating a team of much higher rank means you get more points, but I'm not sure if losing to a team with much lower rank also means you lose more points. Because clearly if you get 10KDA with Janna, then you are most likely quite a bit above everyone else, hence you just pulled your team's average rank and caused them to be matched with those above their average skills.
(This was a very serious problem before in S1 where average ranking gets pulled out of whack due to low player base, causing what is known as Elo Hell--if you win enough, you will get matched with people of much lower rank, then put on purple side of the map).