Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I seem to have hit a snag

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Æther Dæmon

03-12-2013

So, I'm a moderate level player but there's one thing I really don't understand. What counters Chain stuns? I mean, you could get tenacity, but if they're chain stunning, they just stun you again. I'm not talking like ONE champ that keeps stunning you. I'm talking (as an example) Panth Top, Leona Jungle, Moakai mid, Kennen adc, and Taric Support. So is there a way to just not get cc'd all day? Is there something I'm missing?

newpillows

03-12-2013

cleanse

Æther Dæmon

03-12-2013

The problem with that is. It will save you from ONE.

powwder

03-12-2013

nothing counters it. you can avoid it with better positioning but yea thats it.

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

03-12-2013

If you are a bruiser or a tank, you should be happy that the opponents are chain stunning you provided you are in a position where the team can follow up. Those merc treads will pull a lot of weight ofc.

If you are instead a squishy carry or mage, then consider being stunned more than once or twice as a failure in your positioning. You have many tools to avoid such a situation. Cleanse, QSS, Flash, and your own champions mobility/defensive spells.

If you find yourself in a position where you are especially strong, but can't seem to avoid a mob of 5 enemy champs running past your team and flashing on top of you with their cc,... consider stronger defensive items like BV and GA. Mage's have access to Zonya's Hourglass, and if you have quick reactions, can make or break a fight.

Communication is key. Your supports are there for a reason, but often they will see the situation differently. Alistars, Leonas, Blitz, especially. Through their eyes, initiating and making big plays is how they can help the team the most. If you're much stronger than the other team's carries, consider giving a polite reminder that you need peel. Take Lee Sin for example. His kit allows for some of the strongest peel/protection in the game, but where are the Lee Sin's usually at? Attacking the enemy carries ofc. Maybe ask that Lee to kick their brusiers off of you first, and then go on the offense.
communication ^

AcornGames

03-12-2013

Goobas advice is all good. Depending on the role you play a good handful of champs have abilities that remove debuffs or make you immune such as Alistars ult.

Support Supports

03-12-2013

If you are someone who can take hits I recommend investing in a quicksilver sash. If not then just wait to engage a team fight. CC usually has a long cooldown. Let someone else be the jail bait.