Want to learn ADC. Easy starting champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kata is My Waifu

03-12-2013

I'm kind've a noobie to this game, but I know how to jungle, mid, top, and kind've support. I want to further expand my repertoire and want to learn how to play ADC, which I suck at. Any advice for me? Also, what would be a good beginners ADC to learn?
Thanks!

Tarabull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Ashe is always a good start. She has a very simple toolkit to use and her hawk shot helps keep you from getting behind. Generally when you play ADC's you want to have some sort of escape tool like Caitlyn's net or tristana's rocket jump. As an AD carry you will be a high damage source and focused a lot, so escape tools are nice for begginers. You should also have your AD runes up when you play an ADC. Personally I like to just use the AD reds and quints. Playing an ADC is about farming gold. You need to play each ADC to get a feel for their attack animations and missle speed to maximize your farm potential. Unless you're playing a kill lane you should just be farming and poking when possible just to keep the enemy off your back. When you start to teamfight you will have to lean on your team a bit if you're not stupidly fed. During a teamfight you need to be dealing damage as much as possible so hopefully your team will be watching your squishy back.

In my opinion, to play a ADC well you should duo queue. It's much easier to function when you can directly talk to your partner in lane.

Kata is My Waifu

03-12-2013

Thanks! I'll try your advice

Nightwhite3

03-12-2013

Graves and Caitlyn are really easy to play if you can afford them

Hasuobs

03-12-2013

OK, I'll be completely honest. Game mechanics aren't that hard to learn. It basically comes down to last hitting and how to position in lane, the rest pretty much come down to experience. I don't think the choice of push a lane vs dragon can be taught... you play some games, and you figure out who is good.

On this note, Draven, while being semi-difficult to play, teaches a lot of valuable lessons from playing him. (When not to overextend, Map Awareness). On top of this, he seems to be able to easily win lower level games (Not to sure on this)

CTore118

03-12-2013

The most fun I have played are Graves and Vayne, but one of the easiest is Caitlin I think. Her net takes a little practice, but with such long range she is a really good one to start with.

MyLittleAshie

03-13-2013

My vote's in for Caitlyn as well. A lot of people say Ashe is a great one to pick up first (and she's my main), but I think Caitlyn's escapes are much more forgiving while you're learning ADC. Also, all her different animations and sounds when you deploy her skills make you feel like a boss. Not to mention you can use her Q and E to chase down runners you let get too far away cuz you were trying to stay safe.

That said, if there's an ADC you just *like,* roll with that one! You'll play the best with the one you have the most affinity to, regardless of why.

Dpaladinx

03-13-2013

From the top of my head:

Tristana: Great escape, E can be used as a farming/pushing tool and punish sustain lanes with heals, W as a great escape and gap closers, having an attack speed steroid, has a self peel ability, and best of all, she is one of the best late game carries due to her gradual increasing autoattack range. Like Ashe as others mentioned, she relatively easy to learn.

Kog'maw: He's almost like Tristana in some sense, but a bit better thanks to his W % health shred that can destroy tanks easily. That is to say,however, he's a bit harder to learn than Tristana because he lacks any viable positioning/escape tools with him.

Caitlyn: Like others say, she has a great/safe early game and late game dominance and is relatively easy to learn.

In general terms, adcs that have lot of late game value or those that fall into the "hypercarry" category (like I mentioned) are great adcs to learn and play as. The only exception to this rule is Vayne, since while she's a "hypercarry" like Tristana and Kog'maw, she has a much higher learning curve than them. Early game bullies like Draven, Graves, and Ezreal; are a bit difficult to play as.

SeCKS Egai

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleAshie View Post
My vote's in for Caitlyn as well. A lot of people say Ashe is a great one to pick up first (and she's my main), but I think Caitlyn's escapes are much more forgiving while you're learning ADC. Also, all her different animations and sounds when you deploy her skills make you feel like a boss. Not to mention you can use her Q and E to chase down runners you let get too far away cuz you were trying to stay safe.

That said, if there's an ADC you just *like,* roll with that one! You'll play the best with the one you have the most affinity to, regardless of why.
The reason why Ashe is recommended is that she doesn't have any major strength or weakness, she's your standard adc. Not having an escape makes it a lot easier to remember getting caught in bad position, and Cait has a naturally strong laning phase. With Ashe you can effectively learn the basics without a high skill cap and for just 450 ip.

Adcs like Cait and Ez are great in their own right, but they also have more room for error. When you're learning it's better to catch things like poor positioning as you learn before you develop the bad habit of relying on escapes.

MyLittleAshie

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
When you're learning it's better to catch things like poor positioning as you learn before you develop the bad habit of relying on escapes.
I approve of this perspective after all, have a +1.