@Morello, can we talk about Nidalee?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyroman View Post
What happened to more than one way of playing her ;[
There is, now if you want to be the most mobile character in the game AND be tanky you have to build tank items.

Marblesz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Yea they pretty much eliminated AD nidalee from everywhere. I play AP nid support or mainly mid... early game sucks but after around lvl 7 with tear I start snowballing. Other lanes feed = gg or heavy gap closer with CC also = gg.

Counters to AP nid I'd say are
-League of Build Health
-MR
-Ward Coverage
-CC
-Early/mid game anti cs

She dominates
-squishy team comps
-non-warding teams
-lack of gap closers/CC

Lock her up and she's nearly useless - she is forced to hang back and can't do much if her team dies before her poke is effective

Killzerz

03-13-2013

Why can't we revert the nerfs to her Armor and MR and hit the biggest problem with AP Nidalee...her spears and heals? Small nerfs please, but those are the real problems not her f-ing Cougar form...

And yes I know how to play against Nidalee after all my ABAM matches haha, but nerf the problem not the solution.

Marblesz

03-13-2013

I still don't think she's that OP that she needs a nerf on a skill shot that takes lots of practice when there are hard hitting champs with non skill shots.

Maybe balance out the heal by making it actually do something early game and reduce ratio for late game? Anyone outheals her til late game.

Killzerz

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblesz View Post
I still don't think she's that OP that she needs a nerf on a skill shot that takes lots of practice when there are hard hitting champs with non skill shots.

Maybe balance out the heal by making it actually do something early game and reduce ratio for late game? Anyone outheals her til late game.
Problem is that while I like that her Q is a high-reward type skill, there is very little risk lategame just chucking it randomly and sieging towers. It has a relatively low CD with 40% CDR and **** tons of damage. Low-risk high-reward is just unfun to play against. Maybe a higher cooldown would be better? That way when you hit it you are still like, "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" but not throwing something that can do 575 + 1.625 AP every 3.6 seconds. (500 AP means it will do 1387.5 unmitigated damage, and when have you seen that type of damage except on an ult? Wait, which ults can do that in less than a second AND from about 1000 range AND are on a 3.6 second cooldown?)

Feror

03-13-2013

bump

Eshk

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
There is, now if you want to be the most mobile character in the game AND be tanky you have to build tank items.
The point I'm trying to get across it rarely feels good to give incentive to go in cougar form, its better to to just poke. I wouldn't mind a nerf if that meant a more expansive gameplay

Phonike the 2nd

03-13-2013

You realize to do this u would have to trade jav damage

FreeGothitelle

03-13-2013

AD nid was seen as too strong a split pusher so they nerfed her.

That's basically it.
AP nid hardly changes, just less kill potential in lane, late game you do what you've always done.

Marblesz

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyroman View Post
The point I'm trying to get across it rarely feels good to give incentive to go in cougar form, its better to to just poke. I wouldn't mind a nerf if that meant a more expansive gameplay
The amount I can chunk adc's for is pretty high, but its a single target ability. Right now its poke them until team initiates or you are safe 1v1/2 and you can form swap (using everything).

I play mid zyra/morgana/nidalee. Now I know its not all ranked but people in GD are usually low elo anyways so someone chunking for 1/2 +/- of someone's bar seems op. Too many players dont take mental note of nidalee's location.

If you see an enemy nidalee, increase your sense of awareness, ward flanks, or take mental notes of her general location. Minions are your friends - not teammates! Always assume you're the target because otherwise a simple step to the side of your ally could lead it straight to you.

If you're pushed to your towers ward flanks as you should be doing already, you see the nidalee coming, you can dodge spears.

12345612 ... 14