@Morello, can we talk about Nidalee?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiritside

03-12-2013

So, the nerfs have settled for a while now, and I still feel strongly that they were not in the right direction...

What was nerfed, for those who don't know:
-Nidalee's scaling MR was removed, so at level 18, she's got ~14 less MR than she used to.
-Her cat form no longer grants any armor or MR (so she loses out on 10 armor/MR early game, and 30 of each by lategame).

That means, at level 18, she loses 44 MR and 30 armor in cat form... as you all know, AD Nid plays almost exclusively in cat form, so this is removing over a thousand gold of stats by endgame.

And what was buffed...:
-Swipe has an extra 0.2 scaling.

I've tried to figure out what the purpose of the nerf was, or why, but I can't. Here's what you guys have said (or I'm guessing were your reasons):

1) We don't like free stats.
-Ok, so why are Jayce and Elise, the two most comparable champions to Nidalee, not getting a reduction on their bonuses?

2) We have a problem with AP Nidalee, she's too safe for how gamechanging she is.
-Agreed, she's a bit too powerful so.... why strangely make her actually do more damage (buff to swipe) and retain her ability to play an incredibly safe playstyle, when building AP? She just has a few lanes that became harder, while the rest of them she can still spear spam to keep up in farm if she's behind.

There doesn't seem to be a reason/logic here: "We want people to go into catform less defensively, so we nerfed her defenses and buffed her offense." Well... now we can't go offensive because we'll die, unless we're already ahead. All the high Elo AD Nid players seemed to have stopped playing her or now play her rarely (Lourlo, Nidahlee, RF Legendary), or still play her and perform pretty poorly (Oasis). What it looks like to me is that AP Nidalee was nerfed indirectly, while AD Nid was nerfed directly, and REALLY hard.

So which is it? If AD Nid's free stats were a problem just because they're free stats, why haven't other champions with tons of free stats had theirs removed?

Or if the problem was AP Nidalee, why nerf her in a way that nerfs AD Nid harder than AP?

-One confused Nidalee player

EDIT:
This was not the way to nerf AD or AP Nidalee. AP Nidalee needs some sacrifice for being able to stay at sniper range and instantly sway teamfights; AD Nidalee needed to have a slightly weaker mid game, and a slightly stronger lategame to have a streamlined power curve. Hers was (bad---extremely powerful---bad) and needs to be something like (bad---good/mediocre power---very powerful).

Please Riot, don't leave AD Nidalee in this state. I want to see some awesome AD Nidalee tournament play again, and to be able to play one of my favorite champions in a role more than the boring old spearchuck robot. AD Nidalee was the only build that really feels like her kit as a whole is being utilized, rather than just throwing spears and healing your lowest player/ADC if possible in a teamfight - as AP Nidalee, you basically just use cat form to run away now.

Her counter is no longer "hope she's bad," but "LOLOLOL they picked AD Nidalee GG FREE WIN."

Spiritside

03-12-2013

Bump, anyone?

Spiritside

03-12-2013

Nobody?

Eshk

03-13-2013

I'm curious as well it kinda feels bad during the laning phase but maybe the awesome farm is the tradeoff?

MA Nidsanity

03-13-2013

I agree with mojo this nerf has make AD Nidalee not even close to viable, and as for AP Nidalee almost zero kill potential in lane at 6. Her whole game now is sit back throw spears. I found AP enjoyable before this patch but the lack of MR scaling and no bonus MR/AR in cougar form means that even as AP mid you can no long punish your opponent for being out of position or pursue them when they are low hp. Any mid with hard cc or burst will punish you for even going into cougar. At this point you may as well remove swipe and takedown completely and cougar form would be just as useful as it currently is.If the bonus stats were too powerful why not just lower them instead of removing them. like 5 bonus MR/AR at low level and 15 at late game. This way AD Nidalee can still be used and AP wont feel like cougar form is just an escape tool.

Snush

03-13-2013

bump, my kitty

fix it morrello

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

You really don't understand?
It is neither fair nor balanced for a character with the best mobility in the game and is for all practical purposes ungankable and killable at any point in the game to also recieve free defensive stats. Be glad they hit that instead of hitting her extremely OP mobility.

MiziiziM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Can everyone stop posting "Can we talk about" threads? Try something original, geez.

SirIsaacLime

03-13-2013

I thought the message was pretty clear: Stop ****ing playing AD Nidalee

Eshk

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
You really don't understand?
It is neither fair nor balanced for a character with the best mobility in the game and is for all practical purposes ungankable and killable at any point in the game to also recieve free defensive stats. Be glad they hit that instead of hitting her extremely OP mobility.
What happened to more than one way of playing her ;[

1234511 ... 14