I see now why jayce is...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hrondir

03-12-2013

Cheesecake tier bot lane A.K.A. How not to balance champions 101.

If you stalk my game history you'll see A LOT of rat bastardry. I honestly planned on going bruiser jayce a time or two but went up against a counter to it so I just went hyper carry. I always knew jayce was fundementally broken but his implementation was pretty balanced mostly because of mana constraints. In dom implementation gets thrown out the window, set on fire, and spit on afterwards just for good measure.

He's largely managable up until the point he puts 4 points into W and has either arpen or some crit. Generally speaking the way I'd play him would be to grab brutalizer and a health pot right away. First time back I'd either get lantern or last whisper depending on cash and lvl 1 boots, get the other item next time back. Once you have LW and lantern finish ghost blade. From there get infinite edge then finish your boots with ionian. I faced against a pretty dang good Lee sin bottom who swapped out becasue I was 1 1/2 shotting teemo. I was critting him for 7-800 after armor and I wanna say his thornmail was returning around 400+ damage per crit so raw damage my W crits would have to have been 1300+ maybe even 1400+.

I enjoy Jayce as a fun and well thought out champion who is legitimately a thinking mans champion (excluding above build). I love dom but guess who my favorite SR champ pre dom release was? Kassadin. My other 2 favorites are Kha'Zix becasue I love high mobility burst champs and he looks like a tyranid warrior http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAA&dur=119. Then like I said I like jayce for his play style.

This is why can I never haz nice things

FDru

03-12-2013

Once someone posted a thread complaining about Rengar and showed a screenshot of their squishy dying in .8 seconds to a fully built Rengar with SotD. Took me about 30 minutes to produce a screenshot of Jayce doing the same thing (2600 damage, .8 seconds).

Thank god Jayce has all of that utility to make up for his lack of damage.

War1eader

03-12-2013

I play OP things.

Hrondir

03-12-2013

Yeah he's a monster of a champ. Like I said he's fundamentally broken AKA his kit has everything. He has massive burst even when built mostly tank, a gap closer, a disengage, a damage steroid, a MS increase, armor shred. Jesus he has errything including the kitchen sink.

SuperQuackDuck

03-12-2013

If riot wanted to balance him around resource management then maybe he shouldve been an energy champ...

Talith PA

03-12-2013

Jayce is a fair and balanced champion and we don't need to discuss him.

Hrondir

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
If riot wanted to balance him around resource management then maybe he shouldve been an energy champ...
The reason he's balanced for SR is becasue he can't just spam cannon Q/E combos like it's his job all day and not go oom. He'll eventually have to leave lane and get more mana. Either missing farm or allowing his opponent to farm w/o harrasment. If anything making him an energy champ would make it easier for him in SR.

SuperQuackDuck

03-12-2013

Or they can just make his energy expenditures really high for a QE combo such that he simply cannot use other high damage skills for a good 10 seconds after. This will rein in his lategame power slightly and buff his early game a little when he cant clear waves with a simple QE.

Hrondir

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
Or they can just make his energy expenditures really high for a QE combo such that he simply cannot use other high damage skills for a good 10 seconds after. This will rein in his lategame power slightly and buff his early game a little when he cant clear waves with a simple QE.
That would nueter him in all modes for no good reason. His problem is his W, yeah EQ hurts but that's just his poke. When someone hard engages and you slam 3 1300 crits they are going to have a disagreement with you. He wont snowball out of control every SR match like that because his earling game wont be as good and he generally doesn't ramp up fast enough.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

And all they need to do is adjust his ratios, having everything is not the problem, it's how hard his everything hits. Then again, this is the same design/balance that nerfed the metagolem for 'getting too much damage for going fulltank' then designed Darius and Rengar or nerfed Ahri for ' doing too much damage while building tanky' then later released Elise.

How many of the new champs have % enemy health based abilities now ?