What percentile does each tier represent?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MackDaddyMcFresh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

I'm having trouble seeing how I rank up in comparison to the rest of the league community. Is there some resource or forum post that tells what percentage of players fall into each tier? I'm currently Gold II.

There's an old post from RiotMarcou that has the distribution, but it's from the end of season 1. I'm looking for the tiers for season 3. Thanks!

SkeithGotBanned

03-12-2013

bump

anu mara

03-12-2013

It varries a lot.

Leagues are a loose correlation of your MMR or old ELO score. Even when I was a bronze three there were a more than a few times when I was forced against Silver 4's and 3's(after a 16 game DUO winning streak)

MackDaddyMcFresh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu mara View Post
It varries a lot.

Leagues are a loose correlation of your MMR or old ELO score. Even when I was a bronze three there were a more than a few times when I was forced against Silver 4's and 3's(after a 16 game DUO winning streak)
I'm 1740 on LolKing (which I'm pretty sure is our old elo), so Gold II is right about where I should be from the S2 standards (I believe Platinum was 1850). What I'm curious about is what that means from a percentage perspective. Am I in the top 10%, the top 5%, the top 3%? Marcou's post had the percentage of players in each tier, but it's so old that I'm fairly certain it isn't accurate anymore.

I know with boosters and whatnot, the numbers will be a little skewed, but I'm looking for a ballpark on what percentage of players constitute each league. Idk if any reds wanna chime in here since it sort of goes against the principles of introducing leagues in the first place, but if it's not too much to ask for, I'd really like to know. I've got friends that don't play that are interested in watching me play, and when I tell them Gold II, they haven't got a clue what I'm talking about. If I could say, "I'm in the top 3% of LoL players in the world," it might razzle and dazzle them a bit more

Neiden

03-12-2013

I've seen the new unofficial % but I'm not sure I think it was something like diamond still 1% (or 2% not sure) plat like 5, gold 10, silver and bronze the rest.
And challanger 0.01 I think

MackDaddyMcFresh

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiden View Post
I've seen the new unofficial % but I'm not sure I think it was something like diamond still 1% (or 2% not sure) plat like 5, gold 10, silver and bronze the rest.
And challanger 0.01 I think
Alright, this is what I was looking for. Sounds about right; that would fall right in line with the old pattern. Where did you see it?

Macaroni

03-12-2013

Lolsummoners.com gold 5 is top 10%, plat is top 2%. So you're probably top 5/4% at gold 2

MackDaddyMcFresh

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
Lolsummoners.com gold 5 is top 10%, plat is top 2%. So you're probably top 5/4% at gold 2
DD

Sweet! Alright, 4%. Time to climb.

Trashed On

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
Top 16% (better than 86% of league players) sick.