So what is a troll?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zaroph

03-12-2013

Every game i see someone type "they are trolling" when they build an item that doesn't fit there champ. Or when they do something that isn't normal like jungle karth.

So i just wanted to know what is trolling how do you do it?

Is it easy to do?

If so is it fun?

(the last two questions don't have to be answered, but please do if you have some smart alack remark I would love to read it)

But, to my real post, so what is trolling besides feeding or the usual just being a horrible person.

HopDot

03-12-2013

Dying on purpose.
Not helping the team.
Assisting Enemies.
Doing unusual stuffs.

laxjoh

03-12-2013

A Trundle

zaroph

03-12-2013

Yea that is more of them just being a complete jerk. However i do hear that phrase being thrown around a lot for about anything to me it is losing its true meaning and becoming more of a nice way of calling someone who is being an ass.

zaroph

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
A Trundle
you my good sir just got yourself a cookie

CerberusCRW

03-12-2013

I see the word "trolling" being thrown around far too much. In my opinion, trolling is purposefully ruining other people's gaming experience.

- Being unskilled is not trolling, it's being unskilled.
- Having a bad day is not trolling, it's having a bad day,
- Building or playing a champion against the norm is not trolling, it's trying out new alternatives (and fairly obnoxious if done in ranked matches and without the group's consent).
- Playing against the meta is not trolling, same as above.

I've only encountered a "Real" troll once so far since I came back to this game, sometime in December.

Of course this is only my opinion, other people's might (and probably will) differ,

zaroph

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerberusCRW View Post
I see the word "trolling" being thrown around far too much. In my opinion, trolling is purposefully ruining other people's gaming experience.

- Being unskilled is not trolling, it's being unskilled.
- Having a bad day is not trolling, it's having a bad day,
- Building or playing a champion against the norm is not trolling, it's trying out new alternatives (and fairly obnoxious if done in ranked matches and without the group's consent).
- Playing against the meta is not trolling, same as above.

I've only encountered a "Real" troll once so far since I came back to this game, sometime in December.

Of course this is only my opinion, other people's might (and probably will) differ,
This is exactly what i mean, the world troll is sued to much i don't understand what it means anymore. Its used for everything yet it means nothing.

laxjoh

03-12-2013

A troll is pretty much a practical joker, more so to lol @ other people's stupidity/rage/anger/etc etc. Some classic cases are someone like Skip Bayless from ESPN First Take who KNOWS certain athletes are amazingly talented BUT REGARDLESS calls them garbage and trolls probably for more views and a more interesting/tumultuous debate. Another case is like when let's say I just made a new thread in LoL forums saying "Hey guys, there is an auto-censor for numbers that appear like Social security. Look XXX-XX-XXXX" Then other people who reply to that thread will join in by saying XXX-XX-XXXX and saying "Cool it worked." There will be one idiot who posts their real Social Security and realize the censorship doesn't work.

Best definition of trolling is tricking someone to do something you want them to do. Often times, this is why people who feed or make you rage are called trolls because you feel they brought it out of you. However, the difference is that trolls do so for the lulz.