Gunblade or Deathfire Grasp?

Keep the DFG 10 90.91%
Keep the Gunblade 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Need help with a Katarina build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mia Bella Volpe

11-02-2013

So, I play Kat, and I have just too many items that are good on her. I'm stuck on a 7 item build, and I want to get rid of one of two items; the gunblade or DFG.

Here's the way I look at it;

DFG - a ton of AP, plus the active is great for forcing a reset. For those of you who think she should itemize for her AoE damage, remember this; what makes Katarina so powerful? Her resets. And while the AoE is nice, getting a reset is what makes Katarina do well in cleaning up.

Gunblade - Ok, less AP, but it's got some AD (good for W + R), good sustain in the form of spellvamp/lifesteal, and while DFG's active makes your ult more powerful, Gunblade forces them to stay in your ult for a longer period of time.

The other items in my build are Rabadon's, Zhonya's, Sorc's, Abyssal Scepter, and Void Staff, so keep that in mind when you give me a reply. Also, would you tell me why one item or the other is better on her? I'd appreciate that.

EDIT; more downvotes while asking questions. Sadly, I'm not surprised anymore GD.

Safe Death

11-02-2013

just dont get gunblade at all on kat, why would you get it, for sustain? you kidding me? sustain on kat is horrible, just go glass cannon, pure offense, i honeslty dont like getting abby scept or even liandries because it doesnt offer that much ap and gives a lot of defense. Getting zhonyas is the only good defense item. Just go

DFG > deathcap or zhonyas (depending if against a ad mid), then zhonyas or deathcap, void staff, then for your last item for your boots is completely team dependent so it's your choice, but considering that liandries is getting to be a decent item because of all the health stacking, its good to go with that. + more penetration.

Safe Death

11-02-2013

and if you got anything from that ^ just remember gunblade is a horrible item.

LoveSparkle

11-02-2013

TiensiNoAkuma

Look up his build.

He's the best Kat in NA, maybe the world.

KyleIAm132

11-02-2013

I don't think you realize how badly spellvamp is on Katarina, it has diminished effects on literally all her abilities except Shunpo. Eh, I'd keep DFG. Nice bit of CDR, and you will benefit even more from it due to Rabadon's passive.

Mia Bella Volpe

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSparkle View Post
TiensiNoAkuma

Look up his build.

He's the best Kat in NA, maybe the world.
The thing is, in his build, it's exactly like mine, but with a GA instead of Abyssal Scepter. I hate using the GA on anyone except for ADCs (so I can knock out armor and MR purchases with one item) or the occasional troll Aatrox.

Mia Bella Volpe

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleIAm132 View Post
I don't think you realize how badly spellvamp is on Katarina, it has diminished effects on literally all her abilities except Shunpo. Eh, I'd keep DFG. Nice bit of CDR, and you will benefit even more from it due to Rabadon's passive.
I play a bit... twitchy... so when I play I like to use the spellvamp to at least get back some of the health from any mistakes I might make.

GlobDaBlob1

11-02-2013

- Death cap
- rylias
- zonyas
- abyssal
- DFG
- spell pen boots
- GA
- Liandrys
- WOTA
- Void staff

Pretty much all the items that are good on her

MisterTitanic

11-02-2013

first off, kat has shyt bases on all her abilities. second off, all of her abilities are AoE except shunpo which has a shyt base and high cooldown.

you wont vamp very much