Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Armor/5 Bot Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

03-12-2013

I'm currently in Silver 1, and this just seems to be working wonders for me.

My ADCs are Twitch and Tristana, for reference.

I take 17/13 Masteries, taking out Sunder/Executioner for Unyeilding and block.

I run either Armor yellows/Flat MR Blues/AD Reds/Lifesteal Quints or I run flat armor Yellows AND blues, AD Reds/lifesteal quints.

In lanes without Sustain(Leona, Lux, Fiddlesticks,Zyra, etc) I'll take armor 5, either selling off the armor later, or possibly getting Ninja Tabi if the game calls for it. 300 gold is hardly a set back after you have 3 or more items.

All of this allows me to heavily out sustain any lane, even if they have sustain, and severely out trade my opponents.

Season 3's aloud me to do this, and I thought I'd share with the community what I've found, and also get your thoughts on it.

If I do have sustain, I'll take the same set up but I'll get a Doran's Blade as I can out harras that way and the passive on it + My lifesteal gives me good sustain to assist my support in healing me while I bully my opponent.

Thoughts?

Bowsersaur

Recruiter

03-12-2013

I never take armor. Man mode. ArP, AD, and Aspd FTW.

As an AD, I honestly think you should have 21 in the offensive tree. The point of flat armor runes is to survive the early game laning phase because scaling doesn't catch up until like 9-13 (forget when).

Your item choices also seem really weird.

Shrug, to each their own.

PentaAsian

03-12-2013

Learning new Champs that are ADC can help you with sustain. Even though most have the same amount of armor at the start, some might have better armor per level than others.

For your mastery tree, running 21/9/0 is the best right now. Having the extra damage and harassing your opponent out of lane is better than getting defensive and you getting pushed out because having the little extra defensiveness from the defensive mastery tree is nothing compared to the extra damage you get from the offensive mastery tree.

For runes, I have seen a lot of different combinations but most run flat armor reds, flat attack yellows and quints, and either flat or per level mr blues.

If you are having a sustain war, then that either means that both of the sides are taking heavy poke or you want to get more cs than your opponent and having extra health and lifesteal would force your opponent back with slightly less gold than you.

Míley Dyrus

03-12-2013

Flat MR blues are stupid, even in mid lane. They block a miniscule percent of damage (I think about 30 from a full Annie combo at level 6), which doesn't even mean any thing so early in the game. There's a reason why health is considered early-game strong and resistances late-game strong.
By the time MR becomes stronger than flat health, you're already around level 12 and your MR/level runes are already worth more.
This applies especially to bot lane where you aren't facing heavy AP damage.

Pants are Dragon

03-12-2013

you should win your lane but if you don't, then you just simply lost lane because of mechanics since you have the armor advantage

Sephïroth

03-12-2013

Quote:
Míley Dyrus:
Flat MR blues are stupid, even in mid lane. They block a miniscule percent of damage (I think about 30 from a full Annie combo at level 6), which doesn't even mean any thing so early in the game. There's a reason why health is considered early-game strong and resistances late-game strong.
By the time MR becomes stronger than flat health, you're already around level 12 and your MR/level runes are already worth more.
This applies especially to bot lane where you aren't facing heavy AP damage.

Even if your math was right, you are forgetting about health regeneration, trading blows, pots effectiveness, Flat MR for bot lane is also to go with my Lifesteal, which also exponentially makes the MR absorb more damage.

As far as playing defensive I feel the exact opposite. I'm aloud to play as offensive as possible because I can take more damage than they can, also having 5 pots.

I agree if we tie bot lane we may lose, but I rarely lose with this set up. If I do lose, I would have lost harder with an offensive set.

missou

03-13-2013

If you're doing well with it, then keep using it. Personally, I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to go a step further and sometimes opt for a more bruiser-esque build on ADCs when you're down in the silver divisions, since you won't always have very reliable peel.

iEatBoobs

03-13-2013

lol should i try this?

XxxLumberJackxxX

03-13-2013

I don't see anything wrong with it, IF you have a support who deals a little bit of dmg

totalwar235

03-13-2013

Quote:
JooMancer:
I don't see anything wrong with it, IF you have a support who deals a little bit of dmg

i ran a malphite support in a draft pick(im a silver 4 though). it seemed to work well with a tanky graves. we could simply out tank the mf/taric and with my q's damage we could out zone and harrass well enough.