Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Picking Lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swordmaster57

03-12-2013

I've only just started playing this game a few weeks ago with the Mac Client (so I don't have much experience) but I was just wondering if when you get to ranked/higher level games, do people cooperate more? I realize for ranked this is most likely not a huge issue, as people are in it to win, but so far in almost all of the games I've played, most people just choose a champion and lock in. They then take whatever lane they want, and fail to chat at all. It's getting pretty annoying because I can't play the champions I want nor the lane, so I end up supporting most of the time. Does this become less of an issue higher up?

Chocit

03-12-2013

As you level up and get to higher summoner levels you will find the number of people that do this drop a lot, but sometimes you will find the troll who decides to just insta-lock and not say anything or just disagree to cooperate.

DarkHonor

03-12-2013

still happens fairly frequently at lower leagues

Zaphery

03-12-2013

Is this blind pick?

You don't see insta-locks as often in draft pick. But what you do see is vehement arguments over lanes, pick order v. calling, yada, yada, yada

Sometimes you get people like me who wait till the very end to call roles, even if they are first pick. Just be respectful and mindful of other players and you should be fine.

cauliflower

03-12-2013

Actually yes. People call support quite a bit up at higher levels too.