DD tourneys aren't really helping much anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

I agree with the OP. I WANT TO WIN DOMINATE DOMINION RIGHT NOW!!

Or at least give me a gold star for trying ffs......

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicAngina View Post
By disallowing previous champs from qualifying for prizes and making them showmatchesinstead it allows for expansion of the dominion community through encouraging new players to join because they know they wont be dominated by the top players if they try. Besides that those top teams are essentially farming free rp from riot by winning every tournie and its already stale with just rematches between the 3 top teams. And I doubt riot is intending to give those top 15 players free rp, they want to promote community involvement through their support
pff you're jsut an angry sr player that got in here with the "trolololol free joke mode rp for me with no need to practice derp derp" and are butthurt about finding the truth that dominion is in fact competitive and needs time invested on it.

DG TheFeedski

03-16-2013

Quote:
By disallowing previous champs from qualifying for prizes and making them showmatchesinstead it allows for expansion of the dominion community through encouraging new players to join because they know they wont be dominated by the top players if they try. Besides that those top teams are essentially farming free rp from riot by winning every tournie and its already stale with just rematches between the 3 top teams. And I doubt riot is intending to give those top 15 players free rp, they want to promote community involvement through their support
They are the ones who put the RP on the accounts and get a list of names every week. They are very aware of who wins every week.

Torkable

03-16-2013

Quote:
I think it's perfectly fair, they put in the time and they reaped rewards already. Yes they played dominion seriously for 6 months or however long, but that doesn't mean they should be allowed to farm rp from riot for the next 6 months so that maybe another team can finally take them down if 6 months exp will even help a new team catch up enough while those teams will be at 12 months exp. As a community event these tournaments are in fact where your best hopes of attracting people to the game mode although it will never be what you want it to be "millions of players" will never play dominion over SR and it will never have a real competitive scene aside from community ones simply because the items, mastery and champion balance in this game is centered around SR and that's where al the eSports money will go. I bring this up because being Feedski's creation i'm sure the policy is the same for DominateTT which had its first tournament today. And if that really how you feel I will call riot's attention to these individuals rp farming these tournaments and see if they continue to sponsor them or if they deem judgement on the case.
Anyone that honestly thinks this is a legitimate idea is a dumb ******, plain a simple, you have no balls.

NamKim

03-16-2013

So, maybe I'm just stupid but I have no idea how forcing the top tier teams to take a break helps anything. The negatives out-weight...some positives, the positives I do not see.

1) Okay, let's assume that the champion team should take a break from the tournament the following week.
We make PECS take a break, FTV will get first place. Then we make FTV take a break, PECS will get first place. Second, Third and forth place will probably be rotated between Cheese Enema, Awesome Explosion+Loli, and Amputease.

So, making the champion team take a break solves nothing.

2) Okay, let's make the top two teams take a break then.
First, Second, Third, and Fourth place will probably just be rotated between Cheese Enema, AwesomeE+L, Amputease, VVV, Team SoloBot, and Devil Fruit, depending on who ends up going against whom.

So, getting the top two teams take a break solves nothing either.

3) Okay, We get the top four teams to take a break!!
First, Second, Third, and Fourth place will probably just be rotated between Amputease, VVV, TSB, and DF. (Assuming PECS, FTV, Cheese, and Loli, got the first four places. Every even numbered tournament will be own by PECS, FTV, Cheese, and Loli. Every odd numbered tournament will be owned by Amputease, VVV, TSB, and DF.

So, that also solves nothing.

4) Okay, we force the top eight teams to take a break.
Yes, new teams will win and probably many teams will be formed because they know the top eight team are on break every other week.

So, now every other week, Dominate Dominion will be dominated by inexperienced SR-main teams who joined DD purely because they think of Dominion is a joke mode with no real competition and they think it is an easy way to win RP...If the top eight teams are forced to go on break every other week, Dominion will really be a joke mode with no real competition and an easy way to win RP.

So, replace actual Dominion players with SR-main players who think Dominion is a joke. Doesn't sound like a fair trade.

My conclusion: You are rather very stupid and has no understanding of the consequences of what you are asking. Or you are the very SR-main players who doesn't care about Dominion but want to get some easy free RP.

If you are the former, you're not very smart.
If you are the latter, GTFO the Dominion forum, Your very presence is an insult to teams like Awesome Explosion+Loli who was a no-name, no-body team that eventually climbed their way up to top four regularly (3 times is enough for me to consider it "regularly?")

But like I said, I might just be stupid and not know what I'm saying. So, ignore everything I said above.

If you think DD is doing a poor job organizing tournaments (which most of us don't), then organize your own tournament. Chances are, a lot of us are going to participate if we have time anyways.

Edit: Let me just present a 5th case. Say a no-name, no-body player named "NamKim" really, really loves Dominion and willing to do whatever it takes to be on top. He decides to hope onto Solo Queue and learns to carry his team like crazy and he eventually reaches that elo where he regularly faces PECS members.

NamKim really loves Dominion and really wants a team that is worthy of the title "Strongest." NamKim was one day invited into a Fancy Wolf inhouse Dominion Draft game. As luck would have it, excluding Fancy Wolf, none of the eight other players had a team but knew the fundamentals (read Sauron's guide, etc.). Nam asked the eight other players if they were interested. Four them said they were, but the other four said they were interested in forming their own team.

The other team found a fifth member and Nam and the leader of the other team decided to talk and they thought about training together. They came up with a plan where they would play a Bo3 with each other every night and afterwards, they would watch a replay of it and figure out their own team's strengths and weaknesses, the other team's strengths and weaknesses, and share it with each other. After two weeks of doing this, both team decided they need to test their abilities at the DD tournament and see how well they do.

Since the two teams went against each other so much, they didn't realize that they improved an incredible amount. The DominateDominion community are at shock that two teams that were previously unknown is now here and giving even the veteran players a run for their money. The two teams got pretty far, but they still lost to the more experienced players, but that was expected. But now the two teams are now even further motivated to become better and eventually dethrone PECS.

DominateDominion benefited greatly from having two high-level Dominion teams become regulars in their tournaments.

Ten years later, Riot finally decides to organize a tournament for Dominion. The two teams were able to qualify for it.

So, here's my advice.
1) Shut up
2) Go to YouTube
3) Search for "gbay99"
4) Watching his videos (yes, he players SR but I find that the philosophy mentioned in his videos are also applicable to Dominion)
5) PWN SOME NOOBS
6) PWN EVERYONE ELSE
7) Collect RP and Triumphant Ryze Skin