A non camera advantage to blue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minrat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Now-having looked at the NA LCS, it seems that blue has a slight advantage. On blue, the ADC and support can take the double golems which give more experience to them then the equivalent wolves I believe. As is it more difficult to lv1 solo golems without smite, the equivalent solo laner on the red side will be unable to get an xp advantage on that side.

If there is a lane swap, Blue tends to have an objective advantage due to greater numbers at dragon, which is especially advantageous with the early tower swaps putting 3 members of red at the top of the map, so if blue takes the tower early they can generally take a dragon or score a kill.

I don't know....Does this make sense?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minrat View Post
Now-having looked at the NA LCS, it seems that blue has a slight advantage. On blue, the ADC and support can take the double golems which give more experience to them then the equivalent wolves I believe. As is it more difficult to lv1 solo golems without smite, the equivalent solo laner on the red side will be unable to get an xp advantage on that side.

If there is a lane swap, Blue tends to have an objective advantage due to greater numbers at dragon, which is especially advantageous with the early tower swaps putting 3 members of red at the top of the map, so if blue takes the tower early they can generally take a dragon or score a kill.

I don't know....Does this make sense?
The problem is that outside of competitive play, and especially in SoloQ, very few botlanes actually can take Golems at lvl1 without taking so much damage that they actually come into lane disadvantaged. S3 made it much harder to kite the Golems, so unless you are super good, someone ends up tanking a few more hits than they would like.

Also, Purple side has easier access to Baron steals via jumping the wall from their Jungle. Pretty much every champion these days has either a dash or Flash to hop it, whereas Blue has to walk up to the put and past the team taking Baron to even get within range of a Smite/steal. The fact that the natural Blue->Red Jungle path also brings the Purple Jungler to toplane, rather than the more difficult to gank botlane, also helps alleviate this somewhat.