Help with my Attitude problem please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeanutSoup

03-11-2013

You can't control the "TRYNDAMERE ES NÚMERO 1!!!" people who go 1/19/6. You can only be positive towards your teammates by encouraging them when they play well and supporting them when they're struggling. However, you have to continually focus on yourself and how you're playing. Nobody has a perfect game, so you are always somewhat at fault if you lose a game.

laxjoh

03-12-2013

Why are people downvoting him? He's trying to improve his attitude and behavior which was previously toxic. Give him words of encouragement and advice on how to lax out.

Stoogity

03-12-2013

Well, if someone is doing poorly (which happens to all of us) try to help them with their lane or help them catch up. Like others have said, if you're going to be nasty, don't say anything.

If you want to offer some pointers, make sure you phrase them that way instead of something like "****ing noob /all report x". That's really all their is to it. After that, just try to enjoy the game. If it goes badly, there's always next time, right?

seavngarde

03-12-2013

Remember that yelling at another player is only gonna make the problem worse. The other player will either resent it and start arguing or their morale will fail and their gameplay with it. Make sure everything you say is either friendly or constructive or you're sure to get a report. If your raging it's best to not say anything at all.

Robotiny

03-12-2013

My only opinion, is to ONLY type when you have to. I only ping 99% of the time and NEVER spam ping. When you are too busy typing to play you end up dying and feeding more. (The rare cases I do type almost always result in taking excessive harass and or my own death) Just not worth it.

As others have said, listen to MUSIC! It helps SO much at getting a good rhythm and keeping you calm.

Armstice

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arientus View Post
K i'm not going into thorough detail in fear i'll start flaming, but my problem is I keep chewing people out about everything and getting banned for it.

I'm on the verge of a permanent ban, and am looking to FIX my problem.

Muting is not an option because I've tried muting my whole team before a game starts and i get reported for no communication

I have spent a lot of time and money into this game and I don't intend on losing it. Help?
The answer is very simple:

DO NOT SAY A WORD IN CHAT OTHER THAN GJ OR THANKS.

I use pings to say everything else. Maybe after I die because our ADC decided to back out of a fight we were clearly winning and on the other end of the computer I'm asking myself wtf is this guys deal? In chat, I say nothing.

After I cool off I may say, "(champion), we are stronger please follow up in the future." I say nothing else, I don't get snarky. I don't get drawn into debates about decision making, I don't respond to the other person's opinion. I stated my own, and as far as I'm concerned chat has ended until another occasion arrives.

It's ok to get upset, it's a competitive game and it will likely happen at some point. It is not acceptable to vocalize this aggervation.

SunKist Sudafed

03-12-2013

Im the same man, I rage like a mofo at my team when they play dumb, and half the time I make the same mistakes they do. I have 2 accts.. one of my accts I have /all turned off, and if I could figure out how Id turn off all chat after the initial GLHF.. guess which acct I have a better W/L on? The acct I made 2nd just to try new champs/builds on I play much better and have much better stats on because win or lose I tend to be friendly because its my goof off acct. That being said.. sometimes U just have to remind urself its just a game. If you really need to.. let them have it after the game is over in the lobby. I've done that a few times after cheer leading a bad team from the jungle didnt save my idiotic top who didnt ward once, and fed thier top and jungler all game. At least then ur not infecting other players w ur negetive attitude when they are trying to concentrate on winning.

JevelFaithful

03-12-2013

I think you have all the tools here :
Focus on playing, not winning (alternatively, go play something else. it will help you space out of the game)
Turn chat off, but be sure to communicate in pings. MIAs, danger, objective calls, everything.
Have chat, but don't EVER speak unless you're sure you're really calm (see the quote below). Alternatively, just ban "bad", "noob", "fail", "gg (unless it's really over)" from your in-game vocabulary. I know for some people (me included), just seeing those words slightly iritates me.
Music

I might add, leave the forums. I know they make me down when I come here too much. As well as destroy my last bits of failing work efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstice View Post
After I cool off I may say, "(champion), we are stronger please follow up in the future." I say nothing else, I don't get snarky. I don't get drawn into debates about decision making, I don't respond to the other person's opinion. I stated my own, and as far as I'm concerned chat has ended until another occasion arrives.

Elsabet

03-12-2013

When someone on your team makes a mistake, just imagine that he is having a bad game. We all have these, so just be understanding and patient.

When someone on your team is trolling, don't feed into it. Just say "Oh well," try to win, or surrender. Over all, that's 1 game. The other team will have a troll/leaver next game and it'll balance out. When you Solo/Duo, you're accepting a huge degree of randomness- or more accurately, unpredictability- in your teammates' play. If you don't like it, either play premade so that you know what to expect from teammates or play normal so that you don't care as much, or play a silly jff format like ARAM so that you really don't care.

CaughtSword

03-12-2013

I see flaming a lot. Almost every game.
In the chat box, type some fun stuff and joke around ^.^ It raises the spirit and makes the game more fun.
Also, similar to what others have said, I simply play music that I like in every game I play, including other games. Makes me a little less absorbed in the game therefore less stressed. To help you out, when something bad happens or your team is really doing bad, just think "Oh well, who cares. It's one game." Rethink yourself. If you are doing worse and worse throughout a game, that is probably because you are flaming. Flaming will only decrease your performance and your teams' performance. Think of constructive criticism, such as telling them to ward if they get ganked often, or turret hug if they are losing their lane badly. Say it politely. Also, I would recommend that you take a good long breath and relax. Relaxation is the key to playing a game. If you are stressed that day, take a break from League and sleep or rest. I'm sorry if this doesn't help, I don't have problems with flaming. I'm just typing some suggestions.