Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help with my Attitude problem please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arientus

03-11-2013

K i'm not going into thorough detail in fear i'll start flaming, but my problem is I keep chewing people out about everything and getting banned for it.

I'm on the verge of a permanent ban, and am looking to FIX my problem.

Muting is not an option because I've tried muting my whole team before a game starts and i get reported for no communication

I have spent a lot of time and money into this game and I don't intend on losing it. Help?

zaroph

03-11-2013

First i have to say uhhhhhh and second well ok

Everyone has league rage and trust me its big. How i fix it is music. Every game i play i have music in the background to help keep me calm and just relax even if we are losing. Another thing to do is find someone on the opposite team and chat with them just goof off make jokes and have fun. If you kill them laugh about it when they kill you still laugh at it.

Remember league is a game just have fun. But, remember to play as a team though give off pings tell lanes what you are doing. Remember to relax, this is just a game to have fun, not to get mad at.

If you are having problems with it maybe find out why you are getting mad and find a way to ignore that and find someone you do like and focus on that just play the game and have fun pretty much all i can say.

Xypha

03-11-2013

care less about winning and focus on having fun, it is just a game, dont try to teach ppl how to play, 90% dont care or understand. if you lose think about what YOU could have done better not what the other members could have. if you win enjoy the win.

Fluffyknowsyou

03-11-2013

it's a game and you're not platinum, take it easy

SeCKS Egai

03-11-2013

I was 8-2 during placement, now 19-22.

I've dropped from silver 3 all the way down to 5 going on long losing streaks. When I do win after those streaks, I've had to play well regardless.

I have definitely been the weakest link on my team a few times, but for the most part I do more good than harm.

One thing that's become pretty clear is that when someone struggles early, if the insults start flying, the loss is almost guaranteed to follow. Struggling puts you behind, insulting those folks only makes them more prone to commit even more errors. If you want to win, don't waste time typing insults or berating teammates.

I've helped my team win much more than I've helped my team lose. Instead of placing the blame on someone who's obviously doing poorly, I think about what I could have done differently to change the situation.

I never finished placement season 1, and was gone almost all of season 2, but I can say comfortably that I've improved by leaps and bounds, my competition has as well.

Now that I'm nearing 50 ranked games in this season, I just focus on playing my best and doing what I can to improve my team's chances. Sometimes taking the time to offer some helpful advice can make all the difference, or in my last game pointing out to another teammate to blame me for the engage and pointing out how the same player also made a bad call a little while later - the blame game stopped and we won.

laxjoh

03-11-2013

Quote:
Xypha:
care less about winning and focus on having fun, it is just a game, dont try to teach ppl how to play, 90% dont care or understand. if you lose think about what YOU could have done better not what the other members could have. if you win enjoy the win.

^This and care less about winning and focus more on just simply improving yourself both skill-wise and attitude. There are many who play for competitive reasons as well and the ones who succeed usually are the ones who play to improve rather than just playing to win.

Of course regardless of everything, it is near impossible NOT getting flustered or aggravated at least one game. The important thing to focus on at this point is to reflect on a simple fact: will this loss matter to you in a year from now? Even a month or a few days from now?

Third point, don't mute them at the beginning. Mute them if they start to make you mad. The mute feature is there so that you yourself can prevent being verbally harassed by other players. If your teammates are just doing terribly and you start to stack up some inner rage, just hold yourself back. Take a deep breath. Remember, the match won't matter even in a few days. If you have a terrible teammate who takes accountability, just tell them it's OK and how it's a learning lesson etc etc. If you have a terrible teammate who rages, just mute or just don't say anything. The important part is to ENCOURAGE and rally your teammates so that they will support one another.

Always remember most people who troll/rage/feed does not start the game intending to do so. They simply either faced against a better player or just made careless mistakes to which everyone makes at least once. Think about it. If you went against someone who was significantly better than you and you got dominated; then your teammates rage at you, don't you find that a little unfair? So next time before you rage at others, put yourselves in their shoes.

Vanitar Agarmael

Recruiter

03-11-2013

If you feel your team is doing poorly, try to give them advice, or help them out, sometimes this means ganking for another lane, or even warding for another lane, this can help them to play better, without creating conflict between you and your team. Treat your team with respect, there are plenty of times you've made mistakes, think back to them, and realize that whatever your team did wrong, was almost definitely not intentional.

Dotayy

03-11-2013

Just know the fact that staying positive and not raging gives you a higher chance at winning. Simple. You can rage AFTER you hit "continue" after Victory/Defeat. =] OR OR OR! Leave this **** open and whenever you want to ***** just ***** here

PewPewMoar

03-11-2013

I blame everything on myself. Every loss is my fault.
I never play perfectly (who does?) and can always find a mistake I made. I tell myself that "If I had played better there, we could have snowballed it into a win." This makes me not blame anyone else on my team.

Sometimes it is out of my hands though and I cant lie ie: I was jungler before I had gotten red buff my team was 0-8. (we lost lvl 1 engagement losing 4 for 0 and then each laner died again within 3 minutes). But when it's like that, I just think its freaking hilarious and laugh the whole time.

HoodriiicH

03-12-2013

IMO rage more and start new account after the ban.