Good or Bad Alternative to calling positions/lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flamming Toaster

03-11-2013

I was thinking that, before you enter in a match you pick what lane you want to play, before you are matched with other players...this way every game every position is filled and everyone is happy. For example, if someone wants to play top lane, they have the option to pick top lane before they enter matchmaking, they are then match with teammates who want to play the other roles...adc,mid,support and jungle. I think this will help with players in blind pick who are matched with premade's. Also if people just want to focus on mastering one lane this will give them the opertunity to play consecutive matches of their lanes of choice. What do you guys think of this...would it work?

Xypha

03-11-2013

your making assumptions based on the meta, and assuming the meta is going to be played, riot do not want to dictate how we play, its nice idea. but what if we want to duo mid, duo top or 2 jungles, not the current meta but hey what if it becomes that? duo mid adc/support is imo better then current meta due to map control and mid pushing power??

Fluffyknowsyou

03-11-2013

Don't be part of the problem and stay considerate. It starts with you

Homeshake

03-12-2013

I think It's a great idea thats been adopted in multiple MMO's such as world of warcraft. rift, and star wars the Old republic. Though it would make the Q's longer because a lot of people wouldn't choose support lulz. I think it would be a positive addition to the game. The meta has, and always will be, a top, mid, jungler, adc, and support. If people want to change sht to their own gamestyle then by all means, choose jungler and duo top who cares it wouldnt effect the system. In world of warcraft their were many instances where i would Q as a tank with dps gear and talens in low lvl dungeons, pump out huge dps to hold aggro and we would clean out dungeons in no time. Just do whatever sht you want and Q for the spot. makes no difference

JevelFaithful

03-12-2013

Searsh "role queuing" on the forum, you'll have all the arguments about why it's not a good idea.
Alternatively, answer me this because it feels like a big problem but noone ever talks about it : How do you make pick order work without restricting champ selection or making position instantly counter picked? Or how do you allow trades for that matter.