real question about mmr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SallyRagDoll

03-11-2013

ok so i am trying to climb up my ladder and accept the fact that i am where i am because i have a low mmr, which is clearly my own fault. i am currently on a lp cap out getting only a few points per win. i understand why fully

i also understand that the LP will start to go up once my mmr hits the level that i am sitting at.

does anyone know what the levels are.. i mean this might sound dumb... i am just under 900

so bronze 5 is 900 and less
what would bronze 4 3 2 1 and silver 5 all be?

i am working hard to get up the chain so help is always welcome

Fluffyknowsyou

03-11-2013

There's no set level for anything

In silver 5 I've faced bronze 3's all the way to silver 3's

it all depends on how often you win and lose

SallyRagDoll

03-11-2013

oh.. so how many games do i need to play to get this LP cap thing done and over with? im in b4 at 894 or something like that

Fluffyknowsyou

03-11-2013

Sorry brah, I have no idea about mmr either. This is just what I've noticed by checking the leagues my teammates and enemies were in

trackmaster

03-11-2013

gold 5 is 1500 and I think each division is 50, so silver is 1250 and bronze 1000

VerifyBraindead

03-11-2013

what with the new system MMR does nothing but place you with people around your MMR. In order to go up you need to get to 100 points and win your series. MMR goes up as you win games and down as you lose games. All it does is determine who you play against. For example I am silver 5 I have a 1200 MMR I have palyed with Bronze 1 through Silver 2. I could in theory lose a boat load of games and play against Bronze 5's since I cannot decrease past Silver 5 however, I would not gain any LP as I am not playing people in my division/same skill as me.

SallyRagDoll

03-11-2013

i thought the LP caps where because my MMR is not as high as those in my division?

A Happy Blanket

03-11-2013

So im on silver 1 right now and from 50lp and up I started getting about 4 lp per win as I got to 8x I started getting 1-2 LP however when I lose a match I lose about 5-8 LP..
When I look at my enemy team players they are all usually gold 2-5.. why is this happening to me?

SallyRagDoll

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyRagDoll View Post
i thought the LP caps where because my MMR is not as high as those in my division?

this is what i was told too.... im on a 10+ win role right now... i am tryign to raise my mmr still only getting 5-6 lp per win

DeIceBerg

03-12-2013

Hi Silver I here and my mmr is too high for my elo i am playing against tier 1 and 2 gold ranked and get **** on my mmr doesn't seem to be going down tho. i get 25-30 lp for a win 10-15 for a loss