NEW League of Legends Minigame: Football

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloudcharger

03-11-2013

Cheers, folks, thank you for checking out my thread, etc, etc. I will detail the rules and regulations for League of Legends: Football for you below.

The Objective
The object of the game is to score 20 goals before the other team scores 20 goals, if neither team has scored 20 goals after 40 minutes of play, the team with the most goals may choose to either declare victory and end the game, or to continue the game and continue towards 20 goals in a normal progression of the game.

Goals

A goal is scored when an ally is executed by the enemy fountain turret, if any player on the enemy team gets the kill, then the goal is considered blocked and does not count. Please note that you must be executed by the fountain laser, no other turret execution will count toward your teams score.

Defending

Your team may mount a defense around your base, however, there are some restrictions. Only one player may be inside the base at any time, if an ally needs to recall, they must first signal the defender to move outside of a base entrance and wait until said ally is once more outside the base. The defender must remain in front of the line formed by the nexus turrets, this discourages camping the fountain. The defender may attack enemies that cross this line, but they themselves may not move past the line. (I personally reccomend a long ranged adc for defense, Kog'maw and Caitlyn are my favorite) All traps, including, but not limited to, Caitlyn yordle snap traps, Nidalee bushwack traps, Teemo mushrooms, Heimerdinger evolution turrets and Maokai saplings must remain outside the base and off the steps.

Attacking

Killing enemy champions is allowed at all times, however, attacking a champion that is recalling is prohibited, this prevents camping, and encourages the use of strategy over brute force. Also, attacking enemy turrets is not allowed under any circumstances.

Wards

All wards (even vision wards) are allowed as well as Sightstones and Oracle's Elixer. This allows for an interesting counterplay between the two teams as they compete for map vision and attempt to secure a safe route through the jungle.

Items

All Items are allowed, unless a team specifically alerts the enemy within the first two minutes of play that they wish to ban a certain item. Each team may only ban a single item.

Game Setup

The game must be setup in draft pick mode with an equal number of players on each team. All runes, masteries, and summoner spells are allowed.

Thank you for reading my League of Legends: Football post, please leave some feedback and tell me what you think and I will see you on the fields of justice.

GrimFate56

03-11-2013

tried this, shaco was op XD

Cloudcharger

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimFate56 View Post
tried this, shaco was op XD
haha, yea xD hence the draft pick bans =P

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Shaco + Thresh + Lee sin + Tryn

Where is your god now.

WillOfMagic

03-12-2013

Are players allowed to camp nearby fountain to always "block" upcoming enemy players from scoring a goal?

EDIT: I just watched LoLBall video and apparently they can

Cloudcharger

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillOfMagic View Post
Are players allowed to camp nearby fountain to always "block" upcoming enemy players from scoring a goal?

EDIT: I just watched LoLBall video and apparently they can
Good catch, I updated the defense rules to account for fountain camping, it should now play more smoothly with more strategy involved with slipping past an unwary defender as opposed to having someone basically afk at the fountain blocking goals with automatic auto attacks. Thank you for your feedback.