Perfecting a champion or playing many?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
A good rule of thumb for ranked is to have at least two champs for each role.
I have heard that many times before and am doing that now. I guess the ability of being able to effectively play/effectively counter-play certain champions comes with experience over time.

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Familiarize yourself with every champion (at least know what CC they have, and about how much damage they're capable of), and then find something you can have fun with and try to learn it's more subtle tricks, techniques, and tactics.

KingKazuma2

03-12-2013

It is great to play many champions. Knowing what they do is useful when playing against them, and it makes countering easy. The problem with this is that there is little time to get good as champs like oriana, or elise (high skill cap champions).

PeanutSoup

03-12-2013

I think elo-wise it's best to attempt to perfect a small number of champions...but personally, while its fun to become decent with a large number of champions, I'd be more inclined to try and master a small number of champions that I could play with more competitively.