Is Yorick a Good Buy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camp As A Champ

03-11-2013

Is yorickj still god in top lane? And should i still buy him?

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Hes pretty decent, but is hard to get actual kills with. He also doesn't snowball very hard and a fed Yorick is WAY less scary than a fed Irelia, Riven, Darius, etc.

His objective is basically to keep their toplaner from doing all that well. And cloning your carry lategame. It helps a LOT of your ADC is a hard-damage champ that can autoattack and do well.
Cloning an Urgot or Ezreal for example isn't all that strong since the clone's autoattack dmg isn't all that great. Kog is alright but a lot of his dmg/range comes from Arcane Barrage.
Cloning a Graves is pretty good, but he will likely take Bloodthirster first due to his AD ratios.
Cloning a Miss fortune or Ashe is very good because they tend to get Inf Edge, PD asap, and have minimal steroids.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Yorick is THE lane bully. He can deny almost anyone farm up top, aside maybe Cho'Gath.

I completely disagree he is hard to get kills with, because when you hit level 6 you basically double your AD and can usually score that first one while your ult is up.

He's a fantasic part of the team fights, as well. Especially if you have a Vayne/Teemo/Caitlyn(Remember to put her in a bush if you can) - People who's auto attacks just freakin' hurt. Even if you have an Ezreal who's not famed for his auto attacks, he still hurts a crapton.

I've been meaning to pick him up, actually. I play him every time he's free. He's not exactly the most exciting champion to farm with, you just basically sit and free farm while the other person tries to snipe in last hits.

Once teamfights begin, he's a hoot and a holla to play... once you figure out how to multitask that is. If he looks fun to you, get him. He's one of the best top lanes, and has very few counters and counters many.

Chick3n Chas4h

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Hes pretty decent, but is hard to get actual kills with. He also doesn't snowball very hard and a fed Yorick is WAY less scary than a fed Irelia, Riven, Darius, etc.

His objective is basically to keep their toplaner from doing all that well. And cloning your carry lategame. It helps a LOT of your ADC is a hard-damage champ that can autoattack and do well.
Cloning an Urgot or Ezreal for example isn't all that strong since the clone's autoattack dmg isn't all that great. Kog is alright but a lot of his dmg/range comes from Arcane Barrage.
Cloning a Graves is pretty good, but he will likely take Bloodthirster first due to his AD ratios.
Cloning a Miss fortune or Ashe is very good because they tend to get Inf Edge, PD asap, and have minimal steroids.
A feed Yorick is a SCARY SCARY thing. he can solo triple kill. his sustain is the best. He (in my point of view) is the hardest in the game to counter. you just gotta learn to play him.

Pants are Dragon

03-12-2013

get 40% cdr, manamune and spirit visage, have fun