Not a valid win32 application

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corathan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

So, got a new computer and im trying to download the game again.

But, When I got to download I get a message that says the file is not a valid win32 application.

Anyone know how to fix this?

11-13-2010

ditto that, bump, please help anyone?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2010

At what point do you get this error? And what OS are you running?

EG: Are you downloading here: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/redownload

And when you run that it fails?

11-14-2010

yes, I download the 2.2 megabyte file from there, and it is recognized as a binary file instead of the "League of Legends" installer. The icon is a little white box instead of the "L" that it's supposed to be.

I'm running windows XP 2002 service pack 3

BanditManSteve

05-30-2011

Same. Try'd installing it on my dads laptop (running windows 7) and when I clicked on the setup, it just wouldnt open and would give me the "this is not a valid windows 32 application." Is there a fix to this?

liiveforliife

06-23-2011

Same here, Would love if someone could clear this up for me.

liiveforliife

06-23-2011

I don't know if It's my computer, but I had a friend get the file and send it to me through skype, and it totally worked.

elfluffo

10-05-2011

try getting the game through internet explorer and running the application instead of saving it... worked for me

burriderton

12-22-2012

The reason is because there is a previous instance of the LoL exe file, even after installation. This usually occurs if you have previously uninstalled League of Legends and are trying to install it again. Here's a step by step on how to fix the League of Legends is not a valid win32 application error

DubstepWubWub

12-21-2013

" exe. Is not a valid Win32 application! Fuuuuuck same thing is happening to me I want to download the game and play so bad and btw I had this game downloaded before the thing is my pc fell and it had a shutdown error and I had to reset the computer now its like brand new I just cant download lol or anything else it gets stuck at 99% or when I use google chrome it says win32 error **** lol