ADC Early Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptCheesyOnDuty

03-11-2013

Im pretty decent with draven and ashe in the laning phase, but when it comes to vayne i just fail. Anyone got any tips for her in early game?

Roflstompingz

03-11-2013

Force the opponent to push early on until they push to your tower. Even if this causes you to miss some CS, you will gain a lot more from it. Practice getting CS at the tower until you can consistently CS well at the tower and you should be set.

People who you simply get owned by as Vayne are...
Draven (At level 6 when he is standing near a wall and chucks his axe, condemn him into the wall so he misses his axe and tumble dodge his ult, he will probably die)
Miss Fortune (Her lategame is actually decent unlike the rest, so asking for a jungle gank is nice. If you can't get one, this is a tough matchup since no one seems to know how to dive or peel and that ult is deadly.)
Caitlyn (Only if they have a CC support and can zone properly)
Urgot (If anyone even plays him anymore)

ADC's that are hard matchups but still winnable (these are debatable)
Corki (You can't match his CS since his ability to do it is so easy, and he can zone you a bit)
Varus(His engaging power is stronger than yours until you can land a sick condemn. Dodge ult= op)
Kayle (Can't dodge her E-Q with tumble, and her ult counters your engaging power at 6)
Sivir (If she can spellshield properly)

ADC's who you should be able to match CS with after level 3
Ashe (Volley poke can be a little random sometimes. Watch out for her auto W auto combo at level 1)
Twitch (Most are predictable when they Q. Tumble dodge his W and try to get aa's on him without him getting more than one off on you. Expunge HURTS.)
Kog'Maw (Engage on him @ lvl 6 when his W is down and/or if he gets close to a wall within range)
Tristana (Tough matchup pre-3, stay away from your minions so she can't explosive shot you. This one is all about the teamfight positioning.)
Quinn (Dodge her blind and you are set to go. Bilgewater Cutlass active plus condemn is really nice.)
Caitlyn(without a stun support or bad at zoning)
Sivir(if she can't spellshield)
Ezreal (stand behind minions and Q auto him if he comes up close to hit Q or try CSing)
Graves (unless you have a laggy comp, just tumble out of his W and outrange him, slam him into things)

And finally, one last tip. If you think they are in a brush, ward it, then slam them into the wall for an easy kill. It makes you ward more often, and gets you kills at the same time.

kingsofslayer

03-11-2013

0.0 thank you so much this actually helps me too since I have MF, Ashe and now stared using vayne I been getting shut down as I can see once you start to build vayne she becomes very affective in pushing people back fast. also im trying to keep in mind the E skill since I barely actually could use it when they standing near a wall. also another question you got any ideas on who should partner up with when I use vayne for lanes?

CaptCheesyOnDuty

03-11-2013

Thanks man I wasnt expecting a response like that but thanks

SeCKS Egai

03-11-2013

Your supports are a big factor bot lane, something easily missed considering support is usually forced upon the last to pick.

Vayne has a weak laning phase naturally since they nerfed her a ways back to compensate for her late game prowess. However, a lot of games are decided before you ever get that far.

Against competent opponents, expect to be behind during the laning phase. Keep your deaths to a minimum since the enemy adc should already be ahead of you in CS unless your support outplays theirs and gets you fed early.

The other day, I was helping a Cait dominate a Vayne/Thresh bot for most of the lane. The problem came from my adc getting way too overconfident and unprepared for incoming ganks, even with my wards up. Before long, Vayne was up 6-0 as my fellow teammates tried in "vain" to gank her only feeding her more kills.

With Vayne, you've really got to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves during the lane, as you're basically the underdog most of the time. When your opponent makes mistakes or gets overconfident, punish them.

laxjoh

03-11-2013

Vayne is probably the single most difficult ADC to play. You should always remember that you have one of the lowest range of the ADC's and also the lowest health pool. This leaves Vayne extremely vulnerable NO MATTER WHAT. You should always start tumble and very rarely but situationally Condemn. I know a lot of people like to start W but Tumble is a good skill to have level one so that you can poke, CS easier (since the end of Tumble resets yoru attack; especially well if you do it towards a wall) and you can escape/dodge skill shots. Also remember you probably have the weakest early game. The champs that will counter you are those that have far better poke/range as well as strong early game; which is pretty much most of the popular ADC's. Luckily the most popular (Ezreal) gets countered by Vayne although it is more of a skill lane.

With Vayne, you have to have good reaction time, understand at what points to poke/back/make plays, and play very safely. The whole point of laning phase for Vayne is to farm and survive laning phase without dying. If you can snowball much earlier, then that's great. Even if you are fed, you are still very easy to kill therefore you should always play carefully. IMO, playing Vayne a lot teaches you how to play carefully as an ADC. I would definitely keep practicing as Vayne if I were you. She is a high risk but high reward ADC champ that scales stupid strong late game and you will be able to melt tanks so fast that they will technically have no tanks.

Also, Vayne is one of those champs that makes sick plays if you play her well. Although she has a very VERY vulnerable weakness, her strengths in the late game makes her a great asset in team fights if your team protects you well and you position yourself well. What I like to do is to bring Tumble to level 3-4 depending on who I am going against. Then, I max W, then tumble, then Condemn. Always look for opportunities to Condemn the enemy into the wall for that stun and additional damage. However, always remember that you are still vulnerable ESPECIALLY if they have CC. Try not to go Vayne against a Leona. If you are great with Vayne, you can simply Tumble out of her Zenith Blade path but it isn't a risk you want to take unless you have a great support that has your back.

BrightestCrayon

03-12-2013

Take a look at the thread I started yesterday for some more good info:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3212870

I also just started playing Vayne and its an uphill battle to stop feeding and learn to play her effectively for sure.