Warmog's on Vlad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TandemX

11-03-2010

Forget Warmogs, just get Quint Flat HP runes for early game.

Tried it out when I first got vlad, it's ok, but you won't be dominating because you will have to play catch up on scaling your AP and Magic Pen above their MR.

And trust me, they will be stacking MR.

lakatos

11-03-2010

i think that warmog on vlad is unnecessary, just take ap items, and u will have a lot of health

NinetyNineTails

11-03-2010

Doran's Shield->boots->Spirit Visage. If you build Vlad otherwise up to that point, you're doing it wrong.

Danimal209

11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisulane View Post
I think Spirit Visage is the better first buy. All the stats on it drastically improves Vlad's early-mid game, and the components used to make it are both cheap and effective.

Warmogs, truthfully, I wouldn't even really consider buying.

What he said ^

Kroghar

11-03-2010

The thing with Warmog's is that you are sitting around for 3k being completely weak, by the time you get Warmog's you have survivability... but you're STILL weak. You're making Vlad somewhat of a tank that can kind of gimp-initiate with a slow, but he's not much more than that.

Go Visage or Haunting first, then get Rylai's. You still get comparable amount of health, a better slow on your abilities, and you'll be hitting much much harder. I don't think I'd consider Warmog's until after Haunting, Boots, Rylai's, Zhonya's. And it doesn't really make sense as an end game luxury item either. Abyssal would be better.

Archyboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2010

2 warmongs vlad = sanguine being another nuke along with your Q and R. My Sanguine at one point did 700 AoE damage.

M4nTiCoR3

11-03-2010

^This is what a lot of people who dog HP Vlad dont understand. Pool becomes a very significant AoE nuke at a critical point in the game. You can have Mogs and maybe 1 other HP/AP item by the time the first team fight breaks out. You engage, the enemy tries to focus you...your team joins in...and right before you die spamming ToB and Trans, you pop your ult and pool and AoE slow the entire enemy team...whilst they are taking an extra 10-20% damage...and taking ~500 of AoE damage. Then your ult caps them at the end for another huge chunk if your team hasnt already finished them all off. This usually happens around 15-20 min in mid...and if all goes according to plan...you then push mid to thier 3rd tower or even inhibitor of you have been a busy bee earlier in the game.

The thing no amount of cost effective theory crafting is going to account for is the timing of this item. I kid you not, it is almost impossible in solo que to not have this item farmed up in 10 min or less if your solo mid and dont get mercilously ganked every second of those 10 min. As soon as you get it, congrats, you now have 2-3k hp while everyone else in the game has maybe half that. There is no item in the game that grants more EHP at that stage in the game. By level 18, teh game will already be decided...mostly by you, and your newfound unkillability.

Not only doe it make you hard to kill, but your pool is now a huge offensive weapon that can be used in conjuction with ghost and your ult to sow fear in every side lane that even thinks about stepping past river to farm. Enemy huggin a tower with a sliver of life...they are dead. Enemy trying to harrass as your team rocks their tower. They are are gonna eat tides, trans, and be taking huge damage from pool, all while the tower contiues to plink away at your minions...and as long as your teams stays the course and keeps their focus on the rock...they will crush the tower and the enemy champ will die soon afterwards.

Mog's at 10 min means every creep wave from now on is a sigle ToB, Pool, and maybe a Trans on that blasted tank thingy...away from oblivion. Jungle camps melt under your fury and stealing them is even sweeter. Dragon cant out damage your regen, and can be soloed if safe...it takes awhile...or done in a flash as you tank it for another dps.

I get that mog's isnt always the best item for every game...but all the mog's hate is really unwarrented. I have played with every suggested item build order for Vlad. I dont find any of them significantly better than any other in all situations. They all work well enough when the situations are ideal. Having more than a single build you always stick to is what seperates the players who win only when their situation is ideal, and the players who adpat to win in many situations.

Lu Caos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2010

@Gap81

I agree completely, though if you grab teleport it's possible to grab sorc shoes first and farm up Warmogs by 15. Though If you can't get it by then go straight for rylais and down the AP path. The dfference between a well pulled off warmogs Vlad and a regular AP Vlad is simple. An AP vlad can hard carry. While a Warmogs Vlad if pulled off right can Hyper Carry.

Cesmus

11-06-2010

Question about AoE damage from pool:

Isn't it damage shared amoung all affected? So said 500-700 AoE damage shared amoung the enemies affected, plus any minions caught in the pool?

That isn't a lot, if we're talking its use in the team fight scenario mentioned.