Warmog's on Vlad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heliostorm

11-02-2010

Just bought Vlad, wondering if this item would be a good first buy on Vladimir (after boots of course), since it's cost has been reduced. Getting it first is obviously so it snowballs sooner. I'm thinking of Warmogs, then Rylai's, followed by a Zhonya's, does this seem like a decent core build?

VENUMB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

Warmogs is still imo a fairly bad item, it's not so brutally inefficient anymore but it still takes a very long time to build and charge up; and having only +hp and +hp regen actually makes you very squishy. To be durable you really need reduction effects (mr and armour).

Core builds for vlads seems to always be
haunting guise-rylais-zhonyas

ZOMGTURTLE

11-02-2010

Its not my favorite way to go (I prefer an AP heavy build), but its definitely viable. You just run into trouble if anyone on the other team rushes Bloodrazor (or is Kog'Maw =P), because you'll be stuck midgame with lower AP, no mitigation and just health to save you and they'll rip you apart.

Arisulane

11-02-2010

I think Spirit Visage is the better first buy. All the stats on it drastically improves Vlad's early-mid game, and the components used to make it are both cheap and effective.

Warmogs, truthfully, I wouldn't even really consider buying.

Temlam

11-02-2010

I would honestly have only considered warmog before the old patch. The loss of health regen makes it a more lackluster item in my opinion, and more health is a double edge sword with vlads pool to begin with.

El Hebrew Hammer

11-02-2010

I love the new Warmog's on Vlad. I generayy rush it but buy boots somewhere in between. Then I go Rylai's. Gives you about 3k+ health and 170 AP.

Cenerae

11-02-2010

Warmogs is a terrible item for almost every champion in the game. All it gives you is raw hp (and hp regen, but this is a minor aspect of the item imo), and it takes FOREVER to fill it up.

Vlad gets very little AP from hp through his passive. And even with a ton of hp, he is still squishy without armor or magic resist to go with it. Just being a big fat sack of hitpoints doesn't make you tanky, and anyone with a bloodrazor is going to eat you up in a fingersnap.

Rylai's is just so much more useful than Warmogs that I can't see why you'd ever want to consider doing it any other way.

edit - lol @ downvotes from mad warmog vlads. Care to explain how I'm wrong and you're right?

Heliostorm

11-02-2010

K guys, thanks for the tips.

M4nTiCoR3

11-02-2010

100 minion kills -10 for each champ kill or assist you get is certainly not forever. I have prucahsed it before 10 min and fully farmed it in 15-20 many many many games since its remake. The loss of regen is a concern, but the value it provided in survivability at that the early/mid stage of the game is insane. No one is safe under towers once you get it, and it is so easy to farm late game with ToB and pool, it's not even mandatory to grab it as your first item anymore.

The added benift of granting gains form assist and assists from your ult, even when it doesnt pop enemes for damage, means a single team fight can easily net you close to half the buff if not half of it with 5 kills/assists from single ace. People who dog this item, ecspeically on Vlad have...

A. Never even bothered to try using it, because some chump theory-crafted how it was bad for everyone...(which for some champs is true, but not all)

B. Still think its not cost effective...which after the remake isn't true at all. It is far more cost effective than many items in its price range, ecspecially on champs who benifit from HP in some way.

C. Still dont understand that stacking HP is the most effective way to buff champions survivabilty in the early/mid game...and even late game it can offer cost effective gains if your have a champ who benifits from HP like Vlad and his free AP, over many of the AR/MR items that are usually encouraged instead.

There are a number of guides that encourage Warmog's use on Vladimir, and the builds they suggest have been very successful for many players who try them. Keep looking for guides if you havnt found any yet, and try it out for yourself to see if you like the playstyle it encourages...which is a bit different than the vanilla Vlad everyone else preaches as the only way to play him...a theory i strongly disagree with.

Cumulous

11-02-2010

Visage or Haunting guise first. I typically go with Haunting Guise unless there is a healer on my team.

Oh going on Warmog's, Rylai's is only 105 more gold. There is absolutely no reason to get Warmog's before Rylai's. And if you consider getting Warmog's after Rylai's you may as well just get Zring for 400~ more.

Essentially unless you are building a tank vlad, Warmog's isn't worth getting.