Sequani viability?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcornGames

03-11-2013

Hey guys,

Just checking out Sejuanis champion spotlight and she seems like a great ganker and very helpful in team fights.

So why don't I ever see her getting used? Im going to buy her and try it out once I have enough IP but I thought id see what the community has to say as well.

Whats up?

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Sejuani still has a bad rap from season 2. She's been buffed considerably in Season 3, and you can buy a Liandries on her after a Warmogs and still do pretty good AOE Damage.

She has a great kit, and god the infinite slows is hella annoying to play against... as well as one of the best initiates in a game, albeit a skillshot.

If you think you'd like to play her, give it a shot because she really is rewarding once you get the hang of her. Her early game damage is still what makes most shy away from her.

She's a jungler only.

Zanes Dragonwing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Sejuani is often underestimated because she has some exploitable weaknesses and arguably something of a weak early game. As a jungler, her first jungle clear tends to be very slow. Have your support put a ward at your red buff if at all possible to avoid getting counterjungled. Her charge is also crucial in ganking but can be difficult to land, and since it's also her only escape ability, misusing it can lead to bad situations. However, she's very good at catching people who are overextended and once they're caught she's very difficult to escape. She really shines in the late game - her ultimate is extremely powerful in teamfights, especially coupled with other AoE damage champions, and her damage scales off of her health, and health is a good stat to build. Liandry's Torment is an extremely good damage item on her since it was upgraded to deal full damage from AoE and DoT effects.

I would recommend Sejuani on a team that has AoE damage and could use her CC. Her ult works very well with champions like Miss Fortune, Ezreal, Twitch, Katarina, and Rumble for instance.

AcornGames

03-11-2013

Her jungling time is still really bad? I was told she got buffed to help out with that. Maybe not as fast as other junglers such as Vi but Sejuanis clear time cant be so bad that she cant compete right?

Thanks for all the input guys. Ill try her out for sure. 5k IP to goooooooo!

Aomni

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post

She's a jungler only.
I disagree. Sejuani is a very good jungler and it is her best role but you should try her out in mid lane and see what happens once you hit level 6. You still build really tanky but with a little extra AP... Sejuani mid carries hard early mid and late game.

Sephïroth

03-11-2013

I disagree with the mid statement. She'd get wrecked in anything Silver +.

Sejuani's early clear is actually pretty good. She's just very weak in 1v1 situations, which is what causes her to be a weak jungler not her clear time.

Once she gets her feet underneath her she can really protect herself. If you can't beat them in the jungle, auto them and pretend you're engaging. Then hit your e and Q away, they won't catch you.

AcornGames

03-11-2013

Why does she get wrecked at those levels of play? Do you mean she isn't a good part of a team, that theres just better junglers than her? I haven't played many games as a jungler but I don't often find myself in 1v1 situations.
I created to this thread with the question 'Why?' So just telling me that she gets wrecked isn't really helpful lol

Atoxa

03-11-2013

no, she said sejuani gets wrecked mid, not jungle. she's a good jungler, maybe not a good mid

AcornGames

03-11-2013

Ah, gotcha. I misread that haha.

Sephïroth

03-12-2013

1v1 situations are more common when you play a jungler like Sejuani than lets say Lee Sin.

I often do it myself, if I see the enemy team has a Sejuani, I'll make sure I invade her jungle until I am convinced its a bad idea. Sejuani early has no damage to fight 1v1.

As Atoxa said, despite I'm not a she, I was stating she'd get wrecked going Mid in Silver +. She only has one spell that is a gap closer with a HIGH cooldown. Anyone that knows it is 16s long would take heavy advantage of it.