So Riot is trying to make people quit ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kryye

03-11-2013

That's the only reason I can see behind their ranked changes.

1. I'm forced to play with trolls that pick bottom tier champs or I lose LP for leaving at champ select.
2. Instead of just gaining or losing elo, now we have to gain points, then win best of 3 or lose all our points and start over again. This makes climbing the ladder about ten times harder.
3. If we lose a couple games at the start of a division we get knocked back down to the last one and have to start over.
4. If we don't like their system and don't want to play, we get knocked down a division every four weeks for inactivity.
5. If we win, we get 2 points. If we lose, we lose 20 points.

Does anybody like these changes? I haven't seen a single person that was happy about them, before or after implementation. Nobody thought it sounded like a good idea, nobody was excited.

Eyes0fThousand

03-11-2013

1. People can play who they want, if you're trash your lane EVERY GAME, you deserve to move up, if not, you're where you belong
2. The promotion system wiorks and when you move up a league (Bronze, silver, gold, etc) you can't move back down. If you deserve to be that high, you'[ll get that high.
3. Again, CRUSH your lane, win more, you wont move down. It's, from my experience, 2 losses at 0 LP to move down.
4. This is normal, if you dont play for a month, you're going to be rusty. Why ruin other peoples experience because you're not used to the game?
5. Your MMR is not high enough. I was losing 10 and gaining 25 at one point. Keep winnin your games, it'll even out.

Remember, if you arent DOMINATING your direct lane opponent(s), you deserve to be where you are. If you arent carrying EVERY game, you deserve to be where you are. Make plays, be a leader, don't rage like a child on the forums, look at your mistakes and understand what you did right or wrong. Learn from yourself.

Nojusticee

03-11-2013

no thanks i like how it is atm makes it more challenging to rise. i mean tell me what are you going to do when you reach diamond , that easily ?

MKDkilla

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryye View Post

1. I'm forced to play with trolls that pick bottom tier champs or I lose LP for leaving at champ select.
2. Instead of just gaining or losing elo, now we have to gain points, then win best of 3 or lose all our points and start over again. This makes climbing the ladder about ten times harder.
3. If we lose a couple games at the start of a division we get knocked back down to the last one and have to start over.
4. If we don't like their system and don't want to play, we get knocked down a division every four weeks for inactivity.

Does anybody like these changes? I haven't seen a single person that was happy about them, before or after implementation. Nobody thought it sounded like a good idea, nobody was excited.
Umm.. IIRC if you lose promotions you get 50 to 70 LP to start with

TheBadness

03-11-2013

Quote:

1. Trolls and ****ty players have ALWAYS been the case in this game and has never changed since pre-season 1. When the penalty for dodging was removed, the forums was spammed daily from people *****ing about how their queue times were so long because people keep dodging.

2. Except you don't lose all your points. You drop to 75 lp if you lose your promotion series.

3. I've ranked up twice just this past weekend. Every time i ranked up to a new division, i've never lost more than 2 games in a row right after being promoted. I'm pretty sure match making is designed so that it eases up a bit to at least give you a chance to not be demoted. If you lose 3+ games after ranking up, then you are either extremely unlucky or you barely belong in that division.

4. That's only the case if you've reached a certain tier. I know someone in bronze 3 who hasn't played a ranked game in over a month and he hasn't dropped down to bronze 4 nor has he lost his place in bronze 3.

5. You only get small gains if 1) you're about to rank up to a new TIER or 2) you don't belong in that tier, but because you can't be demoted to a lower TIER, your gains are pathetic until you've earned the right to be there by increasing your MMR, then your lp gains equal your losses.

Grognak The Barb

03-11-2013

Quote:

k