Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Meta discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcornGames

03-11-2013

You totally added that last line in lol. Before it didn't say anything about mid or bot except that once turret is down the AP carry would go to mid.
I didn't ask if there WOULD be a mid, I asked WHO would take Mid if that wasn't clear xD Does that mean the team will have two ap carries or would you have a different role in mid such as an ap tank?

groovybombs

03-11-2013

naaah i didnt add it hahah but i see what you're saying now, i guess it would have to do more with the opposing teams comp. you could run an ap carry mid because the ap going top isnt really a carry, more of a hard pusher

if the opposing team has a comp set up to account for the double ap you could run something like a trist mid

groovybombs

03-11-2013

bumpity bump

groovybombs

03-11-2013

(booty) bump

Sikozu

03-12-2013

The problem with this build is you have no real ganking threat without a jungler. Yes, one of the two top could drop off to gank, but a simple MIA would give it away every time as if they aren't TOP, they're on the prowl. So if you can't lure the enemy jungler into camping TOP, it would fail. Basically it would be countered by an strong sustain solo-TOP bruiser that camps his/her turret.

On the topic of throwing random things out. If you want to go for a push team, why not put a strong sustain bruiser TOP and BOT, keep the jungler, and then send your ADC/SUP mid. You (in theory) could have 3man ganks, or simultaneous top and bot ganks quite readily. Also, by the support being Mid, he/she could get wards on both sides of the map more easily. Basically, that would make 4v1 and 4v2 a regular occurrence in ganks TOP and BOT.

Just a thought.

Madraac

03-12-2013

Quote:
Sikozu:

On the topic of throwing random things out. If you want to go for a push team, why not put a strong sustain bruiser TOP and BOT, keep the jungler, and then send your ADC/SUP mid. You (in theory) could have 3man ganks, or simultaneous top and bot ganks quite readily. Also, by the support being Mid, he/she could get wards on both sides of the map more easily. Basically, that would make 4v1 and 4v2 a regular occurrence in ganks TOP and BOT.

Just a thought.

To your point, I see that more viable than a 2/1/2 laning. You could use a Cho or Mord as one of the single lane champs as both are healthy champs with AP based damage, replacing your need for an AP mid. Then, if needed, you grab a jungle that scales well with AP, which could create an opportunity for Udyr to return to some prevelance in ranked games due to his Phoenix and Turtle Stances.

The hard part would be coordinating the team and making sure you do not get caught with an AOE based mid like Veigar that could easily demolish your ADC/Support even though his Q would be limited in its effectiveness as you are not building AP, but you get the idea of why it could be rough.

Key to it would be communication and coordination, but any team that can do that consistently is going to have a higher chance of success.

Sikozu

03-13-2013

Quote:
Madraac:
To your point, I see that more viable than a 2/1/2 laning. You could use a Cho or Mord as one of the single lane champs as both are healthy champs with AP based damage, replacing your need for an AP mid. Then, if needed, you grab a jungle that scales well with AP, which could create an opportunity for Udyr to return to some prevelance in ranked games due to his Phoenix and Turtle Stances.

The hard part would be coordinating the team and making sure you do not get caught with an AOE based mid like Veigar that could easily demolish your ADC/Support even though his Q would be limited in its effectiveness as you are not building AP, but you get the idea of why it could be rough.

Key to it would be communication and coordination, but any team that can do that consistently is going to have a higher chance of success.

I think with champs like viegar that pose a large threat to an ADC/Sup mid, would still have problems. A good pair shouldn't have too much problems, at the very least initiating a 1 for 1 trade (worse case scenario) with your support taking the hit, leaving your ADC free to burn the turret.

Basic design of that meta would be that even when a fight goes neutral, or not at all, you either force the enemy to base, and push the turret, force the enemy to turret hug, and starve them, or kill them, and push the turret. All because you should always have the numbers advantage in a lane.

BTW, I completely agree that communication is key, but that is true with all team compositions.