Mantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrightestCrayon

03-11-2013

I don't have any experience in ranked play yet, but I get the impression that Pantheon isn't a popular pick. I never seem him in competitive play. I enjoyed playing Ruthless skin PantiesOn top lane on my way up to level 30, and would be sad if I have to retire him when I start playing ranked. So my question is: Is Pantheon a viable top laner in ranked, or is he just a pubstomper?

lolenforcer

03-11-2013

yes kinda he is better than some. He counters certain champs like teemo hard and as long as you dont miss ult he is decend

Romantic Metro

03-11-2013

Pantheon is a situational pick it will really depend on your team comp. He's still viable, but just not the strongest choice. He's got good lane strength, and can combo burst an opponent down, as well as play clean up duty if need be. His issues are that he falls off late game unless he snowballed hard. Now Mantheon well he's always the right pick

Govannon

03-11-2013

If built/played right, Pantheon is actually a very strong Top Lane pick with very few counters. Vi, Elise, and Yorick are about the only champs who counter him hard. Make sure you ward though, if the enemy ganks you and gets kills too often, you'll fall behind pretty hard. Just cs though and you'll do fine mid and late game.

iralos7713

03-11-2013

When played in mid lane, he is an AD version of TF. Plus his WEQ combo deals good damage and is hard to counter.

DavidJamesFett

03-11-2013

His strength comes in counter pick top. If you're playing against a big AA champ his passive is nice, and you can poke pretty hard with his spear.

Zaphery

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMetro View Post
Pantheon is a situational pick it will really depend on your team comp. He's still viable, but just not the strongest choice. He's got good lane strength, and can combo burst an opponent down, as well as play clean up duty if need be. His issues are that he falls off late game unless he snowballed hard. Now Mantheon well he's always the right pick
This

Even if you can snowball you lane, if your team doesn't do well early game, or has poor coordination late game, it is very possible to lose the game. In one of my games, I played jax and the pantheon got 4 kills of of me top lane (I only got 2 with udyr's help. I like to mention that Top lane is my worst role. My brother rolls pantheon's as Jax top). He then started team fighting and getting more kills. The thing was, late game, my team could easily kill their team in 4v5 encounters, so I just split pushed down towers after I got trinity force and my team cleaned up their team.

tl;dr Win early/mid game and take advantage of his strong burst. Even if you do well into late game, if your team is bad, it's really going to be hard to carry them.

BrightestCrayon

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphery View Post
tl;dr Win early/mid game and take advantage of his strong burst. Even if you do well into late game, if your team is bad, it's really going to be hard to carry them.
Yeah for sure. Pantheon is by no means a 1v5 carry, as I've learned the hard way after many ill-advised Mandrops into the midst of the entire enemy team.

PoisonedPeace

03-12-2013

Panth is sort of bad.
He is extremely item dependent, so it isn't difficult to shut him down.
He has huge mana issues, which makes it extremely easy to zone him out.
His combo isn't very devastating, and his cooldowns are too long for a prolonged exchange.

I just played against a Mantheon, and his jungler gave him blue. I still manhandled him in lane, and the only way he even got any gold was from roaming. While he was roaming I took both towers.

Zeraphicus

03-12-2013

Mantheon is godlike early 1 on 1 with a full ad page. But he is almost worthless late game although he could prolly do OK peeling for his carries built tanky with frozen mallet