Role Based Queueing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaidSix

03-11-2013

I know I may be beating a dead horse here, but I have to try.

The argument for role based queuing is as follows:
-limit arguments in queue over who plays what
-players can learn and practice a role more easily
-players don't become shoehorned into a roles they aren't good at or don't want to play

The argument against role based queuing is as follows:
-making the meta static
-players don't bother to learn as much of the game as they should
-the system wouldn't be full-proof anyway, because there would be faults with that too.

I ask, Riot 'which one of these arguments fit with your current plan for your community?'.
You have shown to this point that a major goal of your game is to be beginner friendly and to tone down the more vocal and ill behaved members of the community. Can you really say riot that integrating a role based queuing system is against your goals? Can you really say that you don't want all of your players to be able to hop in and learn to be able to contribute, even if it is in a more limited fashion?

I have heard that one of the main reasons you don't wish to implement such a system is that it would make the meta static. Really? It seems to me that you have done just about everything to be just the opposite, even going so far as to assign roles to the champions themselves. When was the last time there was a major meta shift? I have yet to see one since I started early to mid season 2.

Since I have started there has been 1 bruiser solo lane, 1 AP carry solo lane, 1 jungle, 1 AD carry and 1 support, the last 2 in a duo lane. The professional level competitions you sponsor recognize this, the solo queue recognize this (hell you can't even duo bruiser lane like the bots teach you), but it seems you don't want to recognize this.

With this, Riot I challenge you to make your meta more malleable like your competitors, or to stop giving us excuses, and give us what solo queue really needs, a role-based queuing system, and end one of the major causes of frustration for those that solo queue.

You went out of your way Riot to give of pretty/shiny things to make us behave better, why can't you give us a system that would remove a cause of misbehavior?

LogicalTautology

03-11-2013

Role-based queuing is an awful system that would ruin the game beyond repair for 95% of players no matter how it is implemented. There have been numerous threads on this topic. Please stop posting dumb threads like this, and instead continue the discussion on one of those many threads, so that those of us with better things to do with our time are not forced to type out our responses over and over again across many threads.

Have a wonderful day.

Robotiny

03-11-2013

I agree with role queuing and this really wouldn't ruin any games. They could simply just implement a normal/draft mode where you can role q and leave the others where you can't as is.

Stew514

03-11-2013

This wouldn't change the people who troll because they don't approve of someone's champ selection.

Dotayy

03-11-2013

Question. How many games have you played where someone WANTED to be a support?

awkwardbowman

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotayy View Post
every game, and that person is me.
But role que-ing forces a meta, is difficult to enforce (unless forcing meta roles for everyone), and would overall be a hassle for people like me who can play multiple roles. So unless you make multiple ques (increasing que time) i feel like Riot's time could better be spent elsewhere.

Ballzofire

03-11-2013

Whoa whoa whoa. This idea is just garbage. People will still troll champ selection. Picking support and running j4 jungle or something. This will not fix the problem at hand. That people need to realize that pick order is law. If your playing blind. Then your not part of this discussion. In ranked the highest elo on the team goes first. In draft. Its random. So some games your first, and others your not. Dont roll into a queue thinking because you called your role you automatically get it. Also this idea would create massive wait times for certain roles which they are trying to avoid. The meta isnt set. Ive seen many a game where double bruiser bot steamrolled the adc and carried the game through to victory. Its all about working with your team in the game. Even double jungle works. So where is the open play style they are trying to keep in the game if you have to select a role to play? Riot also does not ever tell you what a champs role is. Being tagged a support only means you bring utility to the team. Whether its through heals or cc. Heck even hecarim support works. Its all about outplaying. So yet again this is another worthless post about something that will never, and should never happen. Next time save your time and just do a quick search about this topic to see the 1000000000 posts already made about it.

Zaphery

03-11-2013

Quote:
It is exactly as he says; the people who play support and jungle are in the minority.

Assuming Riot will even consider establishing a concrete meta...

Let's say you give people the opportunity to play as roles or normal draft/blind. All of the people who hate jungle and support are going to pick their roles. The people who usually call "fill" are either going to play without role calls or just pick their favorite role. This means you get even less people to pick support/jungle than you usually do. I hope you enjoy 10 min wait times for games.

Face it who is ACTUALLY going to pick a role they dislike just so that everyone else will be able to play a game? I personally would never play with roles because I prefer a freshness and unpredictability to every game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
every game, and that person is me.
But role que-ing forces a meta, is difficult to enforce (unless forcing meta roles for everyone), and would overall be a hassle for people like me who can play multiple roles. So unless you make multiple ques (increasing que time) i feel like Riot's time could better be spent elsewhere.
You're just like me. Lets be friends foreveerrr....

Fluffyknowsyou

03-11-2013

Quote:
I actually get more games nowadays where support is called immediately,but everyone avoids jungler like the plague xD

The Blacklisted

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Role-based queuing is an awful system that would ruin the game beyond repair for 95% of players no matter how it is implemented. There have been numerous threads on this topic. Please stop posting dumb threads like this, and instead continue the discussion on one of those many threads, so that those of us with better things to do with our time are not forced to type out our responses over and over again across many threads.

Have a wonderful day.
what a wonderful contribution to the community, you are the one who made a choice to post in the thread, no one forced you, I hope next time you post something it is of substance and not berating another community follower.

I think that there are trolls in every game regardless of blind, draft or ranked, we all know they exist, but there should maybe be an option for a role selected format like blind or draft for people that want to specifically try new roles and practice instead of constantly being pigeon holed by selfish players. So i propose having a select-role format game for SR that u can chose, people can still do draft or normal if you would like