Tips on Vayne Early Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toonetime

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanyanya View Post
Try 9/21/0, Doran's Blade, You can take Lifesteal Quints for even better early game, it can affect ur lasthit tho. Max W, then Q. Go for 2 more Doran's into Blade Of Ruined King, Berserker's Greaves. Everyone will say that Def Masteries and 3 Doran's is waste, but it solve all early problems, makes her a lot more tanky (compared to 21-9-0), and dmg drop is unnoticeable for me.
Don't go 9/21/0 on Vayne, or any ADC for that matter. Rush a BT first. You want the extra damage output while being able to sustain yourself in fights because of Vayne's short range (you're easier to be focused). If you're going to build a Doran's Blade, build just one. Two is a waste of money and three is just ridiculous when you could be buying Vampiric Scepter for that lifesteal.

If you're having problems sustaining yourself in lane early game, rush Vampiric Scepter first. If you're not having issues, then go BF Sword and then VS.

While people are giving their advice, you have to find out what works best for you, but for the interest of your team the game you're playing, don't ever go 9/21/0 with an ADC.

SeCKS Egai

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maahaa View Post
Don't go 9/21/0 on Vayne, or any ADC for that matter. Rush a BT first. You want the extra damage output while being able to sustain yourself in fights because of Vayne's short range (you're easier to be focused). If you're going to build a Doran's Blade, build just one. Two is a waste of money and three is just ridiculous when you could be buying Vampiric Scepter for that lifesteal.

If you're having problems sustaining yourself in lane early game, rush Vampiric Scepter first. If you're not having issues, then go BF Sword and then VS.

While people are giving their advice, you have to find out what works best for you, but for the interest of your team the game you're playing, don't ever go 9/21/0 with an ADC.
Going 9-21 isn't bad if you pick the right masteries.

My last game on Vayne I only died once at the last ditch teamfight but other than that I went 3-1-3 or so. My team just died too often and none of the lanes could ever really get ahead. The advantages provided from the offensive tree aren't that major, and for someone like Vayne who's going to be the underdog against basically any other adc, defense can make a bigger difference.

BT isn't always the best option, and depending on team comp you may need to build a BotRK.

On Vayne, I'm still on the fence between BotRK and BT. That active on BotRK is solid, and the extra attack speed does come in handy, and 5% of current hp is 50ad for every 1000 hp currently up on the target.

But 9/21 or a variation isn't a horrible idea, adc or not.

heungjos

03-11-2013

I see Doublelift buying 1 or even 2 dorans blade to help her early game (never played her before).

Míley Dyrus

03-11-2013

I've heard talk on Reddit of going 14-0-16 as Vayne so you can start Dorans + health pot + biscuit. It seems reasonable considering her late game damage is so high it makes up for any small amount of damage you'll lose by not going 21-9-0.
source: Gold ADC main

Aceyy

03-11-2013

Wanna know the secret to vayne? 21/5/4
put 1 on summoners resolve 4 on durability - defense
put 1 on summoners insight 4 on 3 on mana regen - utility

buy dorans. Farm 1400 gold buy cutlass. If u cant farm 1400 gold, youre trading too much/getting harrassed too much/getting zoned too hard. If you have 800 gold go back and buy vamp scepter. Rush botrk and you should win game within 20 minutes if done correctly. This is not bs, i'm a diamond vayne player.

BrightestCrayon

03-12-2013

Thanks for all the tips, guys. Some useful info here. I'm still having a rough time in my practice games, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon. Vayne has a rougher early game than any other champion I'm used to. Generally I go top lane Mantheon, and that's a ridiculously easy early game that more often than not results in a first blood or early kill. The adjustment to Weaksville has been hard :P

I don't want to screw up anyone's ranked games while I learn a new champion, so I've been doing normal blind pick games. This has made my journey to Vayne competency even harder. Last night there was a Rengar with revive and teleport who didn't say a thing the entire game and decided that 3 player bot lane was new meta. He died a billion times, and somehow the enemy Vayne in my lane got 6 kills before 15 minutes. Just now there was a Thresh who wanted to be AD and steal all my last hits. No wards, no actual support play. Seems like every game I play I get wrecked by a combination of my inexperience and general dicking around by my random teammates. Considering just moving to learning a support champion.

Daerkannon

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightestCrayon View Post
Seems like every game I play I get wrecked by a combination of my inexperience and general dicking around by my random teammates. Considering just moving to learning a support champion.
Learning a support champ isn't a bad idea, but don't give up on Vayne! She may not be the ideal ADC right now with today's early hyper-aggressive lanes, but she still rocks if you can get her to late game and she's oh so satisfying when you ace the enemy team. Vayne is the character that made me want to play LoL and she gave me my first two pentakills.

BrightestCrayon

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daerkannon View Post
Learning a support champ isn't a bad idea, but don't give up on Vayne! She may not be the ideal ADC right now with today's early hyper-aggressive lanes, but she still rocks if you can get her to late game and she's oh so satisfying when you ace the enemy team. Vayne is the character that made me want to play LoL and she gave me my first two pentakills.
I'm not ready to give up yet! I'm still coasting by on the desire to repeat that one game I managed to get a full build and shred through the enemy team like they were made out of paper. I'm actually learning a lot of valuable things while I continuously get my ass handed to me trying to learn Vayne. I'm starting to dial back my aggressive and overextending tendencies, which overall will make me a better player.