why do i win 10 straight and lose 10 straight in ranked frequently

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KibaWolf04

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

I actually have another thread about this asking the same thing. It seems to be a very common occurance amoung the community.

pickle4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

I won 15 games in a row to get from 69 LP to 100 and now in my series I lost the first 2 games and it says I am at 69 LP. I am afraid to play anymore games now because I feel like I will lose and then a huge loss streak might follow. Not like it isn't already enough that 2 losses can counteract 15 wins...

tempnameA163

03-11-2013

Match making is complete garbage. I've lost 7 ranked in a row now. Every game I do work and have people afk or feed. I had 2 people afk 2 games in a row. The same 2 people in a ranked game. This is complete bull and needs to be fixed.

Ganksstar

03-11-2013

Happens to me all day bro. it's so frustrating. I'm at a point of quitting LoL. I'm going through exactly what your going through. Ill do well every game but once mid game and late game comes to play a lot of players get lost and confused on what to do during team fights.

Starcraft 2 random ranked que was so good compared to this. I miss you blizzard please develope a better version of LoL.

PewPewMoar

03-11-2013

i just won 7 games in a row then lost... does this mean im going to lose 6 more D:?

Ganksstar

03-11-2013

I'd hope not. Good luck though.

TiggerWong

03-11-2013

OMG it's not just me. I even have a theory that some players that get reported frequently or have been banned before, or simply just those trolls, or those "gg" players, or "always first one to spread negativity among the team" players are actually marked as something, let say "troll". When you win alot, 10 win streak, you will get teamed up with players marked as "troll catagory" or "afk category", just to balance the ladder or something.

On the other hand, sometimes you lose really hard to really good players on the enemy team. Then the next game, the noobs and trolls and afkers are suddenly on the other side.

MrJanuary

03-11-2013

Naw thats just BS. Anyone who plays ranked games long enough wins approximately half the time. They set you up with people of a similar skill level. If you aren't rising in "elo" its because you are not good enough to and you are right where you should be. Be thankful for having a challenging match. What more do you want? Dont go into the game ready to win but ready to learn.

Vrykonik

03-12-2013

I would say this is an issue of rest. Usually when I'm having a good run I get it on a day I'm playing exceptionally well. But if you get a losing streak it is usually a day where I am a bit tired. If you limit how much you play ranked and get rest you will actually play better. This is a good strategy for any sport is to make sure you get plenty of time between games and to physically be at your best. Other things to remember is keep in shape physically will help keep your mind sharper for longer periods of time as well.

Lastly remember that if you go on a big win streak your hidden ELO will rise thus you will play better players. Eventually you'll get to an ELO level where people out class you. It is normal and the system is designed to keep people around 50% win rate once they get to 'their' level of play. That is how Elo works really. So don't feel bad about it as everyone will experience this from time to time. You can't do much about it other than improve your own play until you go on another win streak and get to the next bracket you cannot overcome. Just the route to progression.

cauliflower

03-12-2013

Its all a conspiracy. Riot organizes teams so that you want to play more when you're on a winning streak. For every player that's on a winning streak, there's a player on a losing streak. They organize it so the losing streak is just short of you wanting to quit the game, so that when you get on a winning streak again, the cycle repeats. This way it keeps your interest better than a constant win lose win lose win lose. It's all about player retention.

Don't take this seriously, it's just my joke conspiracy theory explanation.