To show MMR or not

Show MMR 225 86.21%
Don't show MMR 36 13.79%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

To reveal MMR or not to reveal MMR?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plausibly Sane

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by the murz View Post
Lolking score is pretty good for looking at your MMR or something that relates to it.
no no no. MMR is hidden completely. your lolking score is just your league position relative to how your ranking looked in previous seasons.

and /bump

JanosWuryon

03-17-2013

Ive read the posts from riot about why its hidden and how your league progress is seperate from this number but that is false. My LP gains are based on this rating in relation to what my divisions MMR should be. It why when I first went to B4 i gained 7 lp and lost 30 per game and now I gain 11 and lose 20. My mmr improved over the last few weeks and thus Im more qualified for b4. IF i got to B3 it would go back down again. Besides this I can see how many games above or under .500 I am W/L so I can judge how much of a baddie I am.
Ill restate my earlier point about this relationship in league. If you want to focus on the LP and not MMR fine but at least give me a bar graph or something that tells me where I am at in relation to my division. I want to know if I rate better then my division or worse and how close I am to the even point. I dont need a number but as I grind wins and move up and down it would motiviate me to know that If I could win x games more then I lose I would be rated for whatever division and am better or worse then where im currently ranked.

Plausibly Sane

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanosWuryon View Post
Ill restate my earlier point about this relationship in league. If you want to focus on the LP and not MMR fine but at least give me a bar graph or something that tells me where I am at in relation to my division. I want to know if I rate better then my division or worse and how close I am to the even point. I dont need a number but as I grind wins and move up and down it would motiviate me to know that If I could win x games more then I lose I would be rated for whatever division and am better or worse then where im currently ranked.
/bump
still well over 80% to see.

Nass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

They give you a rating and say this is his limit. I don't like this system at all because once you reach your limit it's nearly impossible to climb because it requires way more wins. And this is decided by how many wins in a row you get?

JanosWuryon

03-19-2013

not correct. the point per win goes up the better you do overall. if you conistantly go 2 - 1 then eventually you will gain more then you lose.

Plausibly Sane

03-19-2013

5:1 ratio of people wanting to see their MMR. *30-6 atm*
/bump

Plausibly Sane

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanosWuryon View Post
not correct. the point per win goes up the better you do overall. if you conistantly go 2 - 1 then eventually you will gain more then you lose.
(k/d = kills/deaths. and k/d/a = kills/deaths/assists)
You believe your k/d or k/d/a gets involved in the math? I don't believe it does, or that it should.
Unless I'm mistaken.
1. supports 'should' have a "bad" k/d. there's always the argument of the support "dying" for the cause", or trying to get kills on to the carry or tank.
2. having a bad lane partner can wreck your k/d and/or kda.
3. pulling a win with a bad k/d or k/d/a shouldn't award you any less. because you stuck it out, and managed to win, instead of rage quitting/afk'ing/tanking the game more.
4. k/d/a is very different from k/d because k/d only shows your specific killing blows, and deaths. neither of which address lane presence, creep score, objective score, or overall usefulness to the team.

IE; if someone just shows up at the end of a fight, to snipe off people that were going to die anyway. at no risk to their self. and just hide when there's not free kills. you could really milk a k/d based system while losing games.

Because, as it should be obvious; this is an objective based game (nexus/towers/inhibs/players/creeps/dragon/baron).

Plausibly Sane

03-20-2013

/bump
vote still solidly over 80% to show.

Irish Red Cap

03-20-2013

Still agree with this system of adding a visible MMR. If they don't want to make it completely visible at least give us an option to turn it on so the players themselves can see the MMR/Elo on their profile. Load of horse **** if you ask me. Riot just got tired of people making money off their streams based on personal score so they tried to turn the focus to a team led rating to encourage watching of tourney's. At least that's my opinion.

PikaRioCed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

This will never happen. People will be all like "I have 2500 MMR bro" like the infamous "I'm a diamond smurf" lie. Or worse, they'll be like "What's your MMR? What!? No way you be mid!". People misuse information like this all the time. What do you need to know it for anyway?

It'd just make League more toxic.

84% of people agreeing means nothing when there's only ~40 people voting. Maybe if you had 400,000 votes it'd prove a point; otherwise its just circlejerking.