UPDATE 12/7/09 - Launcher problems in Europe

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

12-04-2009
1 of 12 Riot Posts

UPDATE 12/7/09: We believe this issue has been resolved. If you changed your configuration files as a workaround to this problem, please restore the old files or reinstall the game.

Old:
Many players in Europe are experiencing problems opening League of Legends. We're aware of the issue and working to resolve the problem.

If you're experiencing this issue, please attach your patcher_lib.log to a post in this thread.

Warning about workaround fix

Some players find that editing their internal League of Legends files resolves the issue. I can't recommend this, even though it appears to be a consistent workaround. What you're effectively doing is tell the launcher not to check for updates in the future. This works right now because you have an updated version, but when a patch is released, you may not be able to update. You will either need to restore the launcher config to the way it was, or repair/reinstall the game.

If you choose to do the workaround posted on page 2, please make a backup of the launcher_config.xml and restore the file after this issue has been resolved.

denni

12-04-2009

glad to hear that

dont want another leave in my stats >_>

Dakk Fool

12-04-2009

Thank you for posting this, it is always nice to hear that you are aware of the problem now

WhiteMantisX

12-04-2009

Yipp, exactly Jesse.

And please hurry. If you think that we go to EU now, to play there...forget it.
You make me laugh if you really think an IP regional ban can come by accident.
Even if you have a contract with GOA and you have responsibility that your "customer" is happy...don't play tricks on us.

GOA and you wanted to make this IP Ban stuff some time ago and you withdrawed because the community got angry. Do you really think it will be easier without making an announcement if it is SOOOOOOO obvious?!?

Change it! Now!

Mantis

Necrax

12-04-2009

glad to hear, thanks for your response.

7sins

12-04-2009

Thank you guys for caring.(and getting me back in the game)

Yato

12-04-2009

Thanks for letting us know what is going on.

Aikin00dle

12-04-2009

Nice one, lets hope u guys are able to fix it soon, i have the outmost confidence in you lads.
Excellent game by the way

anduhhh mantis...get of your high horse...its not like they do this on purpose, why else would they make a post saying: we are trying to fix it...geez...go start a conspiracy theory chatroom or something...

Noodle

NyppoN

12-04-2009

I thank Riot on the behalf of me and my 20-30 friends in sweden and denmark thats it playing League Of Legends

You have made a awesome game and we all love you for it!!
And we thanks you for caring about us in EU

//NyppoN

SpellBreaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2009

Well that certainly explains why the game just couldn't launch when my friend tried to install the game.
He tried to install it for like an hour and a half installing, uninstalling, repair installation, looked at the troubleshooting here and installed etc...
Now I just read on the help section that there's a bug with the launcher in EU only.
Thank you for telling us that the problem is caused just by the launcher, but issues like this really don't attract new players. (Especially just after a pre-emptive maintenance?)

1234511 ... 34