[Guide] Rebinding Your Keys

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fi1ipe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2011

I'm lefthanded and would benefit a lot if I could use "insert","home","Page Up", "Delete", "End" and "Page Down" instead of Q,W,E,R,D,F(or at least the keys from the numeric pad).

Is this possible?

NergalTheMad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-30-2011

Yes. You can bind those keys - but you have to manually update the ini file.

The file is called: input.ini
It is located here: Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.75\deploy\DATA\CFG

If you have not previously modified any keys, the file will not exist. You can just create a file (in notebook or whatever) and save it to that location.

I play left-handed too and I use the keys on the numpad area. Here's what my input.ini file contains:

Quote:
[GameEvents]
evtCastSpell4 = [r],[Num3]
evtCastSpell3 = [e],[Num9]
evtCastSpell2 = [w],[Num7]
evtCastSpell1 = [q],[Num1]

evtSmartCastSpell1=[Shift][q]
evtSmartCastSpell2=[Shift][w]
evtCameraSnap=[Space],[Num5]
evtCameraLockToggle=[y],[Num/]
evtScrollUp=[Up Arrow],[Num8]
evtScrollDown=[Down Arrow],[Num2]
evtScrollLeft=[Left Arrow],[Num4]
evtScrollRight=[Right Arrow],[Num6]
evtOpenShop=[p],[*]
evtSmartCastAvatarSpell1=[Shift][d],[Num0]
evtSmartCastAvatarSpell2=[Shift][f],[Num+]

Castalia

02-07-2012

I know that no one has posted here in a while but I figured I would give it a shot.

For moving my character, I switched it to Button 1 (Left mouse button) instead of Button 2 (Right mouse button). However, when I try to check an area on my map, it makes me use Button 1, which makes me run to that area. How can I change it so I can check the area on the map with Button 2?

Kikhan

04-28-2012

I'd advise binding the camera lock to space and making the camera a toggle vs having to hold down.

StrmCkr

04-28-2012

Quote:
I know that no one has posted here in a while but I figured I would give it a shot.

For moving my character, I switched it to Button 1 (Left mouse button) instead of Button 2 (Right mouse button). However, when I try to check an area on my map, it makes me use Button 1, which makes me run to that area. How can I change it so I can check the area on the map with Button 2?
necro thread much.

open the game go to keybindings its

you can remap the keys in game including what mouse button does which actions.