[Guide] Rebinding Your Keys

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penny Die

01-21-2011

I can't be certain, but it looks like lots of the problems people are having might have something to do with this: At the start of the guide you are told to paste a copy of the input.ini file outside of the CVG folder, this is done to protect you from breaking your game files if you accidentally make a mistake, so making any changes to this folder will have no effect on the game, you should have to replace the input.ini file that is still in the CVG folder with the copy that you made your changes to. Make sure to keep a copy of the (original) input.ini file outside of the CVG folder though, in case you made some mistakes in the edited version.

Succinctly, make sure you have your edited input.ini file in the CVG folder or nothing will happen.

As an end note, I might be horribly mistaken, I'm basing this off of general knowledge of other files, I have not this in this game, and I haven't even looked at the files. Hope this helps anyway!

Xunkara

01-23-2011

I just got a Razer Naga mouse... ya know, with the 12 number buttons on the side. I can't wait to rebind all of the spell commands

Let's hope it works!

egzy

01-24-2011

How i can remove alt + lmb 'ping' combo? I'm lefthanded, and i use UIOP for spells. It would be nice for me to remove this ping command and place smartcast key on rAlt - it's realy easy to accidently 'ping'.

PalosisHydro

01-24-2011

how can i make my regular Q,W,E,R to be casted just like a smart cast?

do i have to change it to {shift},{q} {shift},{w} etc.?

WarlordThuran

01-30-2011

Ok, tried this, but it only works in part, as in : it only recognises [button 4] (mouse) out of all the buttons listed in the default file. Anyone with an idea of why, and how to get the other mouse buttons working as keybinds?

Medusa

01-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalosisHydro View Post
how can i make my regular Q,W,E,R to be casted just like a smart cast?

do i have to change it to {shift},{q} {shift},{w} etc.?

just scroll down in the key-binding section, youl get to a smart cast area, and you can just change you keys to a single button (Q W E R) if thats what you want. So you dont have to press shift as well, so much easier.

WarlordThuran

02-03-2011

since no answer was provided regarding binding to a multi-button mouse, giving it a bump

bob000

02-03-2011

Just bind your mouse buttons to keys via your mouse software.

Risky Umbrella

02-07-2011

I was reading this post, and I was wondering why you dont just use the keybinding under the options menu. alot of what people have been wanting to do in this post has been available in the keybinding options. i myself sometimes change keys so S is an item i use like the ghost blade.

Westerly3

02-20-2011

+1

Any possible way to change the colors that represent the enemy? I'm red/green colorblind and can tell the difference, but it takes time. That extra time gets me killed or wastes my ult
I'd love it if they were bright yellow rather than red.