AP Seals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BakaChop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-27-2012

Hey guys, can somebody help me decide what yellow runes to take for my AP rune page that I use for multiple champs?

Currently I'm running
3 x flat AP Quints
9 x AP per level Glyphs
9 x mana per 5 per level Seals
9 x flat MPen Marks.

I have this so that I get the early boost from the flat AP quints but don't slow down in late game. Anyway, the Seals are what's bothering me. I get an extra 11 mp5 at level 18, and this just doesn't seem worthwhile.

The three AP champs that I'm running are Katarina, Fiddlesticks(Jungle and Lane) and Fizz. So, I know these Seals aren't helping Kat at all, and I'm not sure how much they're helping Fizz. In fact, Fidd is the only one getting a real boost from them.

So: which Seals might work better for everyone? I was thinking flat armor for the sustain, but I really want to go full offensive, Any suggestions? And would flat armor Seals even help me lane mid, since most mid champs are AP carries?
Any advice is appreciated

Oh, and I can't use another rune page for them since my other 3 are all taken up.

BakaChop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-28-2012

bump :T

AlethiaArete

04-28-2012

Well I am going to put health/level (help survivability against physical and magic) seals on my Katarina page. If I remember right any AP seal you get is going to be a secondary, which means less power overall for your champ. So I would probably skip the secondary all together unless you really want to go full out damage.

So Katarina is a glass cannon. I bet Fizz is too, because they have similar playstyles. I can't speak for Fiddlesticks though, but being the char that he is I bet that naturally he is pretty easy to break too.

So my suggestion is check the AP ratios that your champs get on Lol Wiki and then decide if the damage bonus from 5.31 AP (flat AP seals) would be enough of a difference in your early game or if 16.2 (per level AP seals) would be enough of a difference in your late game. Now I am all for squeezing the last drop of effectiveness out of your champ, but the question is will the secondary AP or the primary HP/armor let you do more damage?

N0G00dN4m3sL3ft

04-28-2012

I think scarra runs flat armor seals on Kat. I'd go for flat mana regen over per level, because you need the regen early, late game, unless you're Anivia or AP Kog you shouldn't run out of mana.