self cast vs self+smart cast

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

04-26-2012

so i understand the difference between the two but im used to having anything self casted by using the alt key and this self mart cast is much better. One question however, if i want to either shield someone or heal someone and i misclick that person or he or she is out of range, do i then get the heal or shield instantly rather then my intended target.

MisterKaras

04-26-2012

if you missclick and hit only air, then you will cast on self, otherwise you will chase your target, skill shots like lux do not apply

bl4ckCloudz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

well if u have to use smartcast go ahead. but smartcast won't make u very good at skillshots

ShadowCobra

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckCloudz View Post
well if u have to use smartcast go ahead. but smartcast won't make u very good at skillshots
i don''t see how using smart cast wouldn't make you good at skill shots. If you memorized the ranges on your spells you don't need the targeting line/bubble to hit your target. That is my opinion of course. I only use smart cast with ezreal, except with his ult for longer range shots.

HellChime

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckCloudz View Post
I lol'd

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

Don't people use smartcast on skillshots so they can shot faster o.o

Maybe i am just a newbie.

Spiral Shark

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Don't people use smartcast on skillshots so they can shot faster o.o

Maybe i am just a newbie.
I use smart-casting on everything so I can do everything faster. Especially with champs like Ryze who are constantly casting, it helps to shave off those half seconds in between hitting the skill and hitting your target