Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LeaverBuster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TechnoSlave

09-16-2014

i need help I'm TechnoSlave. Im receiving technical difficulties. My league keeps on turning off every time i joined a game. Any resolutions? Im reinstalling it right now and I'm about to see will it work. Plz help me i don't want to be banned.

TechnoSlave

09-16-2014

Plz Help

Matthias9119

09-16-2014

Quote:
TechnoSlave:
i need help I'm TechnoSlave. Im receiving technical difficulties. My league keeps on turning off every time i joined a game. Any resolutions? Im reinstalling it right now and I'm about to see will it work. Plz help me i don't want to be banned.

You want the Help+Support forum. This one is for appealing Tribunal bans.

If you want to test your connection, play a Custom match. You will not be banned if you crash or disconnect from a Custom.

OverL3git

09-20-2014

i only left cause i had do do something and it said that i was still banned after the day passed sinced i could play

PrivateBaldric

09-20-2014

Quote:
OverL3git:
i only left cause i had do do something and it said that i was still banned after the day passed sinced i could play

It would not be the first time you left, went idle, or afk. Leaverbuster does not ban for a single offense. That single offense might be the last straw so to speak after you have used up your leniency.

Riot is aware real life is more important. They also have millions of customers to consider. So as a consequence Leaverbuster is programmed to allow the rare occasion where emergencies or unexpected problems/events come up. Key phrase is rare occasion. That leeway for the unexpected has a limit. Once you pass that limit it starts to issue bans. Since they have no way of knowing or verifying why you leave/idle/afk it will trigger for anything considered a violation.

--------
For example (this is not verbatim how its programmed its just to explain the process):

LB looks for leaves/idle time/afk/ and useless unproductive actions (running around the fountain and so on).

It triggers off a certain percentage of games where you triggered it vs games played. In this example lets say its 5% (we don't know the actual numbers. riot keeps this hidden). So lets say you have played 100 total games.

Of those games you have triggered leaverbuster 9 times. The example events happened in the following order.

1. computer crashes
2. quit because of troll
3. went afk at fountain because you fell asleep (hey it happens! lol)
4. rage quit
5. internet crashes
6. rage quit
7. decided to troll a troll and dance at the fountain
8. computer crashes
9. personal emergency

Now we know leaverbuster ignores a certain percentage of triggers to account for possible real life needs. We don't know the exact percentage but we do know its in the order they happened.

In this case lets assume the first 5 events are ignored (5% again) you basically got a free pass on on 2 trollish acts one unforeseen hardware problem, one isp issue out of your control and one poor choice for playing so late you passed out.

The following 4% is split between bad attitude and unexpected events. If you should trigger leaverbuster an additional time even if its due to a death in the family, house on fire and so on it will issues a ban. Remember it has no way of knowing or verifying why you leave. Just that you do. Since it can't know why it has to be based on percents with a little leniency for unexpected events. In the above example the leniency was squandered mostly on poor choices.
--------

In your case when you needed it most (you had something to take care of) you had already used your free chances so to speak and have crossed over in to punishments. You can earn it back by playing through your games without triggering LB. It takes many games played but it does come back.

In the end it comes down to making good choices. You also have to accept the consequences of those choices.

Th3D4rkLeg3nd

10-05-2014

i got dc and so i try to fix it and when i fix it my team ff so why should i get ban if i want to go up in rank

Verideathul

10-05-2014

Quote:
Th3D4rkLeg3nd:
i got dc and so i try to fix it and when i fix it my team ff so why should i get ban if i want to go up in rank

You got banned not just for that dc, but for all of the DCs/AFKs/idles prior to it as well. Leaverbuster does have leniency built in.