My problem with twisted tree line

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glaslow

03-09-2013

I have a whole mess of issues with twisted tree line. I am a big fan of the old tree line. It was imperfect, but it was still great. The only thing about the old one was the jungle was hard to use unless You were shyv or trynd, or specific champs, but overall it used the same strategy as summoners rift almost to play it. I like that it was just a smaller version with less team members of summoners rift. The new one is like a whole different game mode. I don't feel like I am playing 3v3. I feel like I am playing a whole different game mode altogether, it's not just the team numbers and a smaller map that is different. It's a whole new objective related game, and the altars make it hard to comeback from being behind in gold or kills. Here are my problems with the new three's listed below.

1) The map is too small!the map is too small! You want to catch someone alone and kill them? Good luck, because you won't get that opportunity very often anymore at all. If they are a good team, you will never get that opportunity. The map is smaller than the old twisted tree line, and it feels easier to locate other champs and predict enemy team movements. I hate that. There is no strategic use of wards or any ways to gank early game for easy firstblood. You almost always end up in an all out 3v3 level 1 brawl if you try and gank at level one.

2) The altars increasing abilities are pretty messed up. It makes it almost impossible to come back from a deficit and if you have your lanes pushed in to the inhib tower you can't take their altars easily without them noticing and hauling ass to kill you with their supreme dmg advantage and item advantage since they are in the lead in the game. Comebacks are the hardest thing to achieve.

3) The new boss is great and I like it, my problem is his location. It's so easy to know that they are going for it. It always ends up in a fight over it which if you are behind in the game doesn't work in your favor.

4) My next issue and possibly the most important one. WARDS!!!! WHY DID YOU TAKE THEM AWAY!? The map is too small for them yes, but why!? I feel like wards are a staple of league and of 5v5 gameplay, and they used to be important in 3v3 too. Now they are gone and it sucks. I hate not being able to use them, but the map is too small and wouldnt matter if you could. I'd rather the map be bigger and more space between the lanes and the ability to use wards than a small map with altars. I say just take away the stupid altars and keep the health thingy in the center and the jungle the way it is but expand the center of the map more and make the lanes a little bit longer. They feel way to short.

5) Also the bush you have near each tower on the top and bottom part of the map are issues to me as well. You know that inside those bushes the tower can still hit you on the bottom lane inside the bush on the purple team side, and idk about the blue team side but it's probably the same. I think that is bogus cause if you are waiting to gank someone and they face check the bush I get hit by the tower and them!? how am i supposed to win that fight? I am not even tower diving and i had the element of surprise but still get owned thanks to the tower...

The bases are built fine and look great. The map just need some reorganizing and to be bigger. For God sakes put wards in 3's and make the map bigger and less vision for the teams. Rethink the bush placements cause I hate them all. The old threes had better bush locations for ganks. I refuse to play three's until something is done about them. I used to love 3's but now I think they blow...

Herp Derpingston

03-09-2013

I agree with all of these, but sadly I don't think Riot is listening anymore.

Hell, even the most recent posts from a Rioter offering how he rates his League skills don't even mention TT, he only discusses SR, Dom, and ARAM.

ARAM, a non-queue game type, is a bigger balance point for Riot than TT.

This map will probably be in beta for another year until it's scrapped or "released".

WashedLaundry

03-09-2013

I still think an item like a sightstone with a limit of one ward would be perfectly fine. The passive would be unique, so, at most, you'd have 3 wards. Pretty easy stuff to do, honestly, and it'd make the oracle's extract more useful than countering shaco/rengar/akali/etc.