Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do projectiles not do dmg when they go off but you then die?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuzzSupaFly

03-09-2013

The title says it all.

It's the silliest thing I've ever seen in a "competitive" game. There is no logic for it at all.

An arrow going straight to your face does not magically stop being deadly to you simply because the archer had a heart attack immediately after firing it.

Fix your game.

LoL Bucket

03-09-2013

It may not make sense in real life, but that's the way the game is coded.

BuzzSupaFly

03-09-2013

Quote:
LoL Bucket:
It may not make sense in real life, but that's the way the game is coded.

Right. And that's why I'm arguing that they should change that code.

1. It completely ruins the risk/reward calculation of high caliber play.

Example: Diving to get a shut-down while you know you're worth no gold.
Flash in, get the Ashe auto-crit off but die to tower before it lands - immediately resulting in no reward (when it should have been given if you made that calculation and executed it properly).

2. It creates an inconsistent environment.
Spells still (barring bugs) register after you die so why shouldn't auto-attacks? This also involves minions/monsters. I've seen Dragon attack and then die and not kill his target because the game doesn't register auto-attacks.

3. Similar issues when it comes to high-skill play.
I don't know if it's similar in the code but getting an auto-attack off and then quickly selecting to move your character sometimes doesn't make the projectile register (even though it clearly goes off and hits the target). This effectively kills skillful last-hitting while trying to also move into a better position (such as heading towards blue but still farming cs in lane).

Doesn't really make much sense and I think it's completely unacceptable in a game touting "e-sports" to be coded in such an inconsistent way.

LeOKiN VII

03-09-2013

If you know how it's coded then you should be able to adapt to it and thus become a better player.

Trying to change something you can't is insanity.

Cavo

03-09-2013

Good players learn and understand game mechanics. Other players don't bother to and then get mad when they don't work in their favor. It's up to you to decide which kind you want to be.

BuzzSupaFly

03-09-2013

These responses are why we can't have nice things.

I'm sure you all support the Nidalee nerf too because of the thematic elements, right?

Plausibly Sane

03-10-2013

the nid nerf was in order to balance her a bit. not just "theme". it's a perpetual ult form. I mean, imagine if jayce could for no mana, leap forward with the hammer, every 2 seconds, and deal 1.5x his AD to everything in front of him. And then use it to kite, position, hop small walls, chase, and everything else.
call it "SUUPA HAMMAA TIIIME".

BuzzSupaFly

03-10-2013

Jayce is built completely differently though (as is Elise) with the second form available at level one. It's not an "ult" form it's just a second form.

Nidalee is legitimately an "ult" form - only available at 6, 11, 16 and only *scales* with that rank-up as well (unlike Jayce and Elise) so that argument is ridiculously off.

Riot themselves said the change was specifically due to trying to bring her more in line with her "theme" rather than any logic in terms of gameplay balance. Elise is off rampaging and Nid needed her MR/lvl removed and her ult nerfed. Makes sense (this is sarcasm for those lacking reading comprehension).

However, that entire discussion goes off-point of this thread.

I don't think I can make it anymore clear how auto-attacks being treated differently than everything else in the game in terms of registering posthumously is a glaring flaw in the design of this game.

Can we please at least have it addressed and give a reason why? I know it's not technical limitations because it's 2013 and no RTS has had this feature lacking since the 90s. So is it purposefully designed this way?

Roamingdream

10-02-2014

Quote:
Cavo:
Good players learn and understand game mechanics. Other players don't bother to and then get mad when they don't work in their favor. It's up to you to decide which kind you want to be.

Do you realize how ****ing stupid your sentence sounds??

This is literally game breaking, you could've gotten the kill because your RANGED projectile auto attack goes off, but as you die it just ****in 'poof' dissapears and you get nothing from it. how the **** is this not an issue?

"good players learn and understand game mechanics"
This doesn't even seem like a game mechanic that was intended, this is broken.

Also i dont care if this forum has some **** about necro'ing threads because this is honestly pretty bull**** to deal with.