So I'm an ARAM queue dodger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Swole

03-09-2013

And here's why

I used to be a goody two shoes aram player. Played everyone I got from mother****ing nasus to mother****ing shen.

But then the massive number of queue dodges just wore away at me and I said you know what, what do I even have to lose? 60 seconds to save me 20 minutes of my life? donnneeee.

Now I don't queue dodge much but I do queue dodge champions like nasus or shen.

Youniverse

03-09-2013

So you know how queue dodgers affects other people because it's been done to you multiple times but hey f- it, this ain't no team game, it's about me.

yummyAyceBBQtofu

03-09-2013

there are so many dodgers it takes like 10-15 minutes before I can actually get into the loading screen...

KaXaSA51

03-09-2013

now imagine if everyone did the same, so yes 10 players per game thinking the same way...

It would take like 30 min before the game even start.. (and I'm being nice here)

Billenstein

03-10-2013

How are Nasus and Shen bad on aram? Ap heavy Nasus is huge aoe poke, and Shen has great potential to secure kills.

Udyr, on the other hand...

bamboomaster

03-10-2013

If you don't want to random a champion, go play blind pick. ARAM isn't for people who want Yi or Nidalee every game.

Seraph424

03-10-2013

After reading a couple of the above posts, what immediately comes to mind is some version of the "Prisoner's Dilemma", except that "betrayers" simply encourage more "betrayers".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma

If all the players cooperate and take their randomly assigned champs, no one waits but most likely someone will take a champ they don't like a whole lot. If a player dodges, everyone but that dodger waits extra time. Also, everytime someone dodges it encourages more people to do the same because, "Hey, it's not like I'm the only A-hole who does this and **** Udyr."

Tony9691

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Swole View Post
And here's why

I used to be a goody two shoes aram player. Played everyone I got from mother****ing nasus to mother****ing shen.

But then the massive number of queue dodges just wore away at me and I said you know what, what do I even have to lose? 60 seconds to save me 20 minutes of my life? donnneeee.

Now I don't queue dodge much but I do queue dodge champions like nasus or shen.
There are very few champs that are completely useless in an ARAM. People just need to learn how to properly utilize what champs CAN do, and stop focusing on what they CANNOT.

Yes, Nasus cannot use his Q to poke; however, the AP ratio on his E isn't that bad. Stack some AP and you have some nice AOE poke.

Shen: I have no idea how you play him, but it's wrong. Shen is a powerhouse on ARAM if you build him straight tank. You won't get kills sure, but your team certainly will. I've played Shen where I went x/15 but we win because I just Q+W+E right in and I'm the other team focuses me while our pokers eat away at them. You have to realize that ARAM is still a team game. It's not a free for all- strategy can still be used.

Tips:
Don't get heal. I know people love this for some reason, but it's marginal benefit is sooooo low compared to just getting more health or health regen. It heals for a relatively low amount, and has a high CD. Get shield instead. Proc it at the right time, and it can absorb a poke because you were out of position, or it can give you the upper hand in a team fight. The CD is much lower and it's almost as effective.
Get flash. For some reason. I see people not getting this in ARAM. This is still League of Flash, and it's necessary for those times that you might almost get hit by a random blitz Q or by that mumu bandage you meant to dodge.

JevelFaithful

03-10-2013

Gotta admit I'm tempted to dodge on someone like nasus, I really don,t know how to make him work in there. Probably udyr too if I owned him.

I hate to do it, but I've never played a game where our team did well as nasus.
It's good to know you don't dodge on unfavorable matchups tought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony9691 View Post
You have to realize that ARAM is still a team game. It's not a free for all- strategy can still be used.
You just summarised the universe.
Maybe I'll try nasus as you say. But I feel bad having 2 useful skill on a 4 skill bar. Especially when the ult isn't a part of it.

Tony9691

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statiqhock View Post
Gotta admit I'm tempted to dodge on someone like nasus, I really don,t know how to make him work in there. Probably udyr too if I owned him.

I hate to do it, but I've never played a game where our team did well as nasus.
It's good to know you don't dodge on unfavorable matchups tought

You just summarised the universe.
Maybe I'll try nasus as you say. But I feel bad having 2 useful skill on a 4 skill bar. Especially when the ult isn't a part of it.
The only skill that you may find useless is his Q early game. If you build him AP/tank, your WER are just fine. You have an amazing slow with W, and nice dmg boost with E, and your R scales off of AP too while making your tankier.
Put two into his E, and one into his W to start. Poke with E. If you have any good pokers, spam his W on their squishies. Hopefully, your team will pick up on it and abuse them.
Nasus has some excellent utility.