Zyra v. Thresh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wombatypus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-09-2013

I kind of want a new interesting bot lane support and have been debating between these two any suggestions?

Wombatypus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-09-2013

bumples

Devynity

03-09-2013

Thresh is a badass, Zyra has a nice ass

Thresh is ridiculously fun when you have an ally who knows how to click the lantern and when to go in, Zyra has a ton of aoe and more damage.

my personal favorite would be Thresh though, if that helps at all.

jkim229

03-09-2013

both thresh and zyra help zone out the enemy adc pretty well. thresh though is a bit more tankier

Tosin Loads

03-09-2013

Morgana counters both of them

Heal n Peel

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosin Loads View Post
Morgana counters both of them
Morgana counters many things.

Really the decision comes down to, when do you want to catch your stride?

Zyra starts off with decent damage and mid-long range zoning. Later she becomes more of a secondary mage with some CC. You can't really play a passive Zyra either.
Thresh takes off at about the 50 soul mark, at this point you're becoming tanky and the passive from Q (without charge) is really starting to sting the opponent. Thresh is also aggressive but can play a bit on the passive side. If your carry knows about the lantern then you can get a REALLY aggressive 10 min start.

CorDeLumine

03-09-2013

Karma.
Karma is better.

Axium

03-09-2013

I own both of them. I just can't get into Zyra support like I did Thresh. Thresh just does so well if you know how to play him, and really gets tanky late-game.

Menea6587

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombatypus View Post
I kind of want a new interesting bot lane support and have been debating between these two any suggestions?
They both zone. Thresh does it with his body. Zyra does it by outranging almost every ADC in the game.

APC Zyra has her plants being some of the higher sources of her damage in lane. However, with bushes and another target, this becomes extremely difficult to do consistently. You are going to be poking via E and your AA similar to Cait or Ashe poking. Plats and Q are for securing kills and going all in.

bidybird

03-09-2013

If facing against a leona pick thresh.