Will mac screw with normal servers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tname

03-02-2013

I am kind of concerned that the new mac players will noob it up on the normal PC servers. Will they be kept separate from the PC or will they be integrated. Also will this affect the server load times?

Kush Master4

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tname View Post
I am kind of concerned that the new mac players will noob it up on the normal PC servers. Will they be kept separate from the PC or will they be integrated. Also will this affect the server load times?
i bet the majority of mac players are better than you

Lethalkiss

03-02-2013

The mac players have been playing on the normal servers for more than a year already. Having an official client might just bring a small percentage of new players, maybe more!

sciyth

03-03-2013

new players are new players. They all have to level up to 30. They all have to learn the game. the OS they use makes no difference.

Also many mac players have been using things like bootcamp and iLoL to play league already. A bunch of them have probably been playing longer than you. This isn't the first Mac Beta.

As for the servers, we all play on the same ones. I don't know about the server load, that is a problem for Riot to solve and something they need to work on regardless of the influx of mac players. New players make accounts everyday.

Tyrukian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

This is obviously a troll post :P

LookingDownOnYou

03-04-2013

I for one have been unable to play League of Legends for over a year now and am just getting back into it again due to iLoL not working for me. At least we have a stable client now! While trying to debug iLoL I must have been forced to leave 10+ bot games...

tname

03-10-2013

ok im sorry my main question will the mac players be on the same servers as PC?

FreakinUnoriginl

03-10-2013

We are on the same servers.

Even before the official Mac client there have been Mac players on the same servers as the Windows users, using iLoL (the Windows client in a heavily optimized wineskin, from what I can gather) or virtual machines (Windows running inside of Mac OS X) or boot camp (rebooting the Mac into the Windows OS). We have been here all along.

As far as "screwing with" the servers, the servers should be more or less oblivious to which platform a client is connecting from. The client sends messages to the server, and the server responds. As long as the server understands the message, it can send a proper response, and as long as the client understands the response, it can display the results to the player.

Based on what's been said, it seems the Mac and Windows clients are now based on the same source. Thus if new "words" are added to the "language" the game uses, both clients will understand it. You don't have to worry about the Mac client getting stuck trying to say "My hovercraft is full of eels."