4v5 Aram is a waste of time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerrorToad

03-12-2013

If my team is good I like trying to win 4v5

Sorne

03-13-2013

Fun story: I once played a game where our jayce never connected, and after our soraka fed three deaths in short succession she rage quit. I said, "no point in playing 3v5 when the enemy already has a huge advantage," and decided to do some work on a paper while they pushed down our base. At the end of the game both my remaining teammates tell everyone to report naut for not helping. Not report the Jayce that never connected. Not report the Soraka that fed and rage quit. Report the Nautilus for not wanting to 3v5 against enemies with a gold and level advantage.

4v5 is possible to win and I always try, but the simple fact of the matter is that if you don't get a quick early advantage, it is nigh impossible to win. Unlike ARAM on SR, where you actually got a exp advantage (since there was one less person soaking up exp), a significant portion of your exp on PG is gained ambiently. This, as GrosPigeon already mentioned, means your afk is soaking up that possiblity of exp advantage. Only way to get ahead is exp from kills, which requires your team to be good and theirs to be bad. Certainly possible; however, not very probable.

Redenbacher

03-13-2013

Funny story: Last night was a 4v5 in my teams' favor.

The fifth teammate returned a few minutes later, Kayle hit hyper carry status, and we lost.

HaIfhearted

03-13-2013

While being forced to 4v5 is never really that fun, my competitive spirit will never allow me to go down without at least fighting tooth and nail.

Probabilities of winning be damned, I'm going to at least TRY!

PrincessDerpy

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Gold gain is accelerated on the map and exp gain is passive as well so the AFK player is still getting stronger at the fountain. If they do come back, they won't be totally useless.

The remaining players gain a HUGE level advantage if they can hold out.
1. The longer the game goes, the further behind the afk will be.

2. No, you don't. It's the difference between getting 20% of XP and 25% of XP, the difference is next to nothing.

Semune

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpedpenny View Post
So why waste time playing? Afk that **** and do something fun with your time. Dont force yourself to play a 4v5 game if you dont want to.
I agree to a point, sometimes people dc then come back a minute later. If someone has been gone for 5 minutes you should be able to leave with no penalty.

Armageddal

03-27-2013

4v5 is actually better than 5v5 with a feeder. ^_^

Rancor Rising

03-27-2013

I think the main thing to recognize is you really need two things:

1: Blatantly overpowered ARAM champions.

2: Significant skill differential.

I have seen my fair share of 4v5 wins. However, I have never been part of a 4v5 win where I thought that the team with 5 was playing well. Even a well played, terrible team comp with Udyr and Tryn will eventually get the upper hand, in my own experience.

I do also think it is important to note that, out of the (many) games I have played with a leaver, I have never, not once, lost to a 4v5.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

if you've never won an ARAM 4v5 I feel sorry for you

but.. if you quit every time.. you never will.

Aznul

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
While being forced to 4v5 is never really that fun, my competitive spirit will never allow me to go down without at least fighting tooth and nail.

Probabilities of winning be damned, I'm going to at least TRY!
Personally I do this in all game modes