Veigar build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sforces

02-21-2012

So I was wondering if you pros could give me advice on how to build veigar stronger than I currently have it?

My goal is max damage possible.

Dorans Ring, Boots of speed, sorcerer's shoes, tear of the god, blasting wand, catalyst, rod of ages, amplfing tome, blasting wand, rylai's crystal, fiendish codex, rabadon's death cap, archangel's staff, death fire grasp.

Those are the order of the items I try to go for. The problem is if I'm lucky i'll make it to amplifying tome before the game is over.

Do I need to reorder the way I do things or is it good?

Goodtimes18

02-21-2012

Here's my typical game order for Veigar mid, and I've been playing him as my main for a couple years now:

Pre-Reqs
- Take Flash and TP for Summoner Spells
- For runes, get MPEN reds then a mix of mana regen/AP/CDR

1. Start Mid-Lane with Doran's Ring (if you don't get mid lane, he isn't worth playing because of lack of Q farm although top might not be a bad option, but you usually don't have 2 ap lanes on a team)

2. After Q farming up to 740g while dodging enemy mid, recall back and grab lvl 1 boots and meki pendant to enhance movement speed and start working on your DFG. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF VEIGAR. The meki pendant should help with your mana regen to farm your Q better. TP back to mid without missing much action.

3. At this time, you should continue to farm your Q and by the time you hit level 4, you should be able to harass the enemy mid with stun (E) and dark matter (W). Don't overdo it though because you still need to save mana for Q farm.

4. Once you hit 6, gauge your enemy's hp and you might be able to kill them with a stun E-W-R-Q combo. Don't force it though if it's not there, you will be nuking them soon enough.

5. All the while when you're farming up your Q, recall back to add on to your DFG as needed. If your lane is pushed to the enemy, don't be afraid to go back to the shop then run back to lane if TP is done. You won't miss out on too much action. The fiendish codex portion of your DFG makes it really easy to farm your Q beacuse of the mana regen and CDR.

6. Once the magical moment happens when you have enough money to finish your DFG, that's where all the fun happens. Now you have a crazy ass nuke combo that will erase most enemy ap champs off of the map. Simply sneak up to the bushes while they're pushing mid and E-W-1-R-Q combo them to death. It might take some practice getting down, but once you do, it's a great feeling. (Note: When doing the combo, your W will be clicked first but your 1 should be hitting first for max dmg based off %hp while your W is still falling. Also, DFG should be placed in the "1" slot of your inventory for ease of use)

7. You should be nuking someone everytime your cooldowns are ready for maximum efficiency. Other items to start building on are the following:

-Rabadons
-Void Staff (if you're doing well, this will allow you to even start 1 shot nuking tanks!)
-etc.

Keep farming your Q throughout the game and your AP will grow tremendously. Very important to do this when able.

FYI - Whenever people see a veigar, they do one of two things:

1. Laugh at the noob who doesn't know how to play him
2. Sh*t their pants because he's a vet who knows his ****

(Be #2!)

Qeuscis

02-21-2012

Not a pro but pretty decent.

You want to rush DFG and finish sorc shoes right around the same time. Then go straight into Deathcap. Veigar's stun allows you to escape many prickly situations, letting him be glass cannon initially.

Usually a rylai's scepter follows. If people are pouncing on you, get Zhonyas. The last slot is situational; you may build BV or a voidstaff or even a LB if you feel like rolling them harder.

*Ninja'd

Sforces

02-21-2012

Well here is what I was thinking, I was researching on the items and here is what I came up with. Let me know how it sounds.

Start with Dorans, Then Sapphire Crystal and trade it for Tears of Goddess for the extra mana, Then Buy mana crystal and trade that for haunting guise for the mana penetratin so i can harass much better. Then blasting wand and trade that for morellos for the ap and the great 20% cooldown it provides (self explanatory why) Then I wouldget kages lucky pick and trade that for grasp. I would buy chain vest and trade that for Zhonyas

Then I would sell haunting for rabadon's, Then trade morellos for arch angels, then sell doran for Void staff then trade tears of goddess for banshees veil.

How does that one sound?

btw i dont know what bfg is. (still new lol)

Qeuscis

02-21-2012

You're not lvl 30? Ok
Start meki + 2 hp pots.
While you are building the DFG (Death fire grasp), buy a second meki pendant. All mana problems gone. You'll hover around 25% mana while spamming Q.
Stay away from tear on veigar. It's only really good on true spell spammers like karthus. You might fill up half of it in an average game at the most. It delays your DFG significantly.
Don't grab morello's. The only CDR you need is DFG. Between DFG, the blue buff, and the CDR mastery in the offense tree, you'll have 39% CDR (The cap is 40%).
NEVER get haunting guise. Sorc shoes does the same job and doesn't waste your slot.

Goodtimes18

02-21-2012

Ha my fault, wasn't quite sure if you were new to Veigar or new to LoL in general.

DFG = Death Fire Grasp

It basically hits a target and takes off 1/3 of their existing HP, which plays great into veigar's nuke combo for all of his spells.

DFG should be your first priority, don't worry about getting Tear of the Goddess or Haunting guise or any of that nonsense. The meki pendant as part of the DFG build will give you all of the mana regen that you need for farming your Q in lane.

Generally you want to buy items that naturally build into your bigger items, so trading them in back and forth is not an efficient practice.

Put shortly, your build order should be:

- Lvl1 boots
- Deathfire Grasp (DFG)
- Sorc Shoes
- Rabadon's Deathcap
- Void Staff
- Archangel Staff

Note, the more ability power that you have, the stronger your DFG becomes (as well as your normal spells).

Goodtimes18

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeuscis View Post
You're not lvl 30? Ok
Start meki + 2 hp pots.
While you are building the DFG (Death fire grasp), buy a second meki pendant. All mana problems gone. You'll hover around 25% mana while spamming Q.
Stay away from tear on veigar. It's only really good on true spell spammers like karthus. You might fill up half of it in an average game at the most. It delays your DFG significantly.
Don't grab morello's. The only CDR you need is DFG. Between DFG, the blue buff, and the CDR mastery in the offense tree, you'll have 39% CDR (The cap is 40%).
NEVER get haunting guise. Sorc shoes does the same job and doesn't waste your slot.
Pretty much what he said.

I find that starting with Doran's gives me mana regen and more survivability with hp since veigar is naturally a little b*tch in the lane, but that's personal preference.

However, I would highly recommend NOT starting boots + 3 hp pots since you will lack mana regen badly.

Sforces

02-21-2012

alright thanks guys, ill give it a try and let you know how it went.

And sorry for being a pain or if my question was annoying. Still new and lots of things for me to learn haha. Going to take me awhile to master veigar and learn the whole:

Change your build during the game depending on what your opponents buy system that people keep telling me is very important.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Well, after all the inputs, I guess I will put mine as well (Recently I had beat some 2k elo+ people with my Veigar)

Core Items: DFG, Voidstaff, Deathcap (DFG first, Voidstaff and Deathcap is depend on whether the enemy have MR or not)

Possible item: Doran ring, Soc boot, Merc tread (if you get CCed before you do any damage, that would do no good) Banshee, Qss

SMARTCAST DFG, Q, W, R, do not smart cast E unless you know you can land them.

Sforces

02-21-2012

Hey i thought id let you know you guys helped alot. I ended up only having 400 ap though, not sure if thats good or if i need to redo something? I used good times list.

But I did in fact go 17/0/1