when should i get runes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wtfbbqomglol

Recruiter

02-22-2012

hi i love to play talon and am really pretty good with him, but i dont know when i should start purchasing runes. my friend says at lvl 20 would be a good time because of updated runes and such. my other friend says it can cost up to and more then 14k for a full rune book and thats a lot of IP. right now ive racked up a whopping 7136 IP so i can but talon after this week and will be at least 2o by then. i also dont know how to build it to suit talon (i sometimes play voli as well but i dont care if the runes are all wrong for that my main character is talon) please help me!

this is a repost of something i before put in a wrong forum tab :P

Valhirien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Start getting runes definitely after lvl 20. Spending IP on runes other than tier 3 is simply wasting resources.

wtfbbqomglol

Recruiter

02-22-2012

well how and what runes should i buy what should i build or stack?

blackdeath17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

im not a good talon ( i suck , bad.) , this is phrek rune build so i guess it works but maybe is not the best

Ar pen marks : standart , your abilities do phisical dmg
Armor seals: more armor =less deaths
Magic resist glyphs : ^
health regen quints : idk if this quints will work u can also use more Arpen , or flat ad

Caletrix

02-22-2012

Level 20 and up sir. 200 ip at the least... don't waste your money on teir 1 and 2... I made that mistake. Besides it really doesn't take that long to get to 20 any ways. Good luck on the Rift!

- Caletrix

IlfirinVelca

02-22-2012

wait till lvl 3 runes

Carados

02-22-2012

Level 1 runes are awesome. You can get a full color, which provides about 80% of the benefit of a full color of T3 runes, for the cost of a single T3 rune.

J Daddyy

02-22-2012

Runes stupid till level 20, but I recommend starting off with Armor Seals, Magic Res Glyphs, (FOR AD) buy armor pent quints and marks (FOR AP) buy magic pent quints and marks or magic pent marks and your choice of quints really. Cookie cutter rune builds but very efficient.

ForeverLaxx

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Level 1 runes are awesome. You can get a full color, which provides about 80% of the benefit of a full color of T3 runes, for the cost of a single T3 rune.
This. Honestly, if you want a "leg up" over people who aren't using runes, a full page of a single type of T1 rune will provide a noticeable bump in your effectiveness in that particular area, and T1 runes are dirt cheap. They won't set you back very much for T3 runes so there's really no point not making an entire page of Flat AD or ArPen or something. NEVER buy T2 runes though, those are utterly worthless.

Magic CXIII

02-22-2012

20 start building an ap rune page then do an ad one. ap runes from 20-30 OP make sure you are always buying the tier 3 ones.