How do I deal with a Riven + Kayle + Elise?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rasmorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

I just got slam dunked by this comp. So much CC, so much burst, so much sustain, so much assraep.

Lord Marrowgar

03-09-2013

Bend over, apply lube

MapNinja

03-09-2013

That's just a normal well balanced comp. They don't have that much CC, 2 melee range ministuns, a ranged slow, and a skillshot stun. And sustain? You mean one heal on a long cooldown? I guess you could count Elise's lifesteal, though i wouldn't.

Not to play down that comp. It's good. It doesn't have any weaknesses, and Kayle can be a gamechanger depending on your own comp. But it's not OP, you have to outplay them, earn your win.

Demacry

03-09-2013

^ this in a nut shell. Something that'll help a bit is riven's chasing power is not the best so if you can kite and lock them down from a range you might be able to spread them out and take them on one by one.

Elise built right is going for mostly magic pen and hp, if they're building a lot of ap or rushing bft then they're actually really squishy. Champs with silences and knockups on relatively short cd should be able to handle her pretty well.

My suggested counter comp would be something along the lines of Garen, Annie/Zyra, Xin/Jax. You want a team that can disengage well but has good sustainable dps at most levels to fight through the other teams burst and Kayle ult. Annie/Zyra would be the weakest link in terms of escape but with proper positioning it's really hard to get at either of them, especially with the comp you've listed.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

Honesty that wasn't even as bad as thresh chogath and blitz. Thresh and blitz were ad and cho tanks ap. ughhhh... It was awful... We couldn't chase, we couldn't iniate, I was go and had to use my hot to Iniate, and whenever I did any ability, there was a CC waiting for me wherever I landed. We got trashed.

PurpleURP

03-09-2013

AOE comps win vs that team. None of them are really that tanky, they just rely on the kayle ult to stop single target focus. If you play aoe comp all of them get low and kayle ult not as effective.

Boo

03-09-2013

malphite rumble tryn

FunnyBunny

03-09-2013

bloop

Rasmorak

03-09-2013

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep your answers in mind next time I come across a comp like this.

Gwyth

03-11-2013

Casseopia, Amumu, and Shyvana could deal with that pretty well. Shyvana could be replaced with someone else. But AoE stuns, AoE damage, residual DoTs, Armor reduction, etc. Veigar might be good. Tryn is always a good counter to Kayle. Using Xin's peel to focus one could work. You could also use Skarner to pull, or Voli to isolate one, etc.

I mean if I were up against that comp, I'd want Darius, Amumu/ChoGath, and Veigar/Ryze/Lux. Roots, snares, stuns, knock ups, AoE Stuns, Bursty chain Ults from Darius, etc.

Lots of options really.