Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Linux Native Client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thebadindianguy

03-08-2013

I have a computer with linux but cannot play since there is no native client to it. I was wondering if Riot will ever develop a client for Linux. Hon has one and therefore I expect a Linux client from Riot. It would be really cool though. Just wanted to know if there gonna make one. I love LOL.

HashyAKAdave

03-08-2013

Linux? this is 2013 bro.

Ferreira Pedro

03-10-2013

Quote:
HashyAKAdave:
Linux? this is 2013 bro.

Thanks for the valuable information. If you have nothing to say to contribute to the topic, why bother replying at all?

If there is demand for a linux client, I completely support the idea.

Yoni97

03-10-2013

A linux client would be amazing. Wine is very buggy, and I only really boot into windows to play league. I'm not sure if the demand is actually high enough to justify putting the effort into making one but I think there is potential. Valve recently started supporting linux (Ubuntu) so gaming on linux is really gaining some ground.

BallsMcGee94

03-10-2013

if league made a client for linux, i would switch back to archlinux. Linux is much better than windows, only problem is, there isnt alot of people on linux. The main reason is because most people stay to windows to play games. Its a terrible thing....

Demonize

Recruiter

03-10-2013

I don't think there is enough demand for it currently. Maybe in the far future. I mean, think of how long it has taken for them to release a Mac client, which has more demand.

Catakinetic

Recruiter

03-10-2013

The sole reason I use windows is so I can play league. If there was a Linux client, I would never even need to boot into my Windows partition. Hopefully one day Riot will develop a native Linux client.

Prinz

03-10-2013

There are no native Linux clients, but before I was able to use Playonlinux (google it, it uses WINE) to play LoL on Linux, very few bugs, although it is a bit laggy (difference of about 40FPS on Linux with 60 FPS on Windows). But you cannot buy RP and buying runes takes a bit of time. I would support a Linux client, though.

Vesuvias

03-27-2013

A significant problem with playing LoL on Linux through WINE or Playonlinux is that every patch (which Riot semi biweekly loves to present us with thankfully) could break the hack job that these groups perform to make it playable.

If they supported it natively though...

Cheiron

Huntsman

03-27-2013

They'll probably make one soon, after they're done with the Mac client since it's still in beta. Perhaps it's actually already in development but there's not that large of a demand for it so it's not a priority.