Which champion for top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProCompGaming

Recruiter

03-08-2013

Hello, this is my first post on the forums, and it looks like a pleasant place. I was wondering what champion I should use for top. I just joined a 5v5 team, and am posted at top, and have never actually practiced it. I just played for fun every once and a while. For top, I am deciding between getting good with Olaf, riven, xin xoa, irelia, jarvan, or kennen. My, adc is caitlyn, and my support is taric. My mid is ahri, and I don't know what my jungler is yet. This is my first team, so let me know if I am saying anything wrong. I want to become as experienced as possible.

Thanks,

ProCompGaming (Michael)

BouncingDonut

03-08-2013

i main top and i would love to help you but i dont play any of those champs but what ive seen threw free weeks that Xin is good against anyone with low cc or no escapes. Irelia has pretty good sustain so you could go against people with little sustain or there just burst champions (like Kha'zix and maybe zed). Kennen is a very good champ, (the one of those two i own) even if you do bad with him you can just turn yourself into a CC-ing tank and hes very good even if he dosent do amazing damage. Jarvan has good ganking and hes very tanky so again someone with no escapes (Singed Cause they use ghost most of the time) or you can try to burn there flash. Olaf Has really good poke (the second one i own) if there tanky lvl your Q first and rush some damage or Armor (like a wardens mail) If you against a squishy you can upgrade your E and Rush a warmongs. I dont know about Riven im terrible with her all i know is use her passive to her maximum limits (and her high moblity/no mana cost) but i suggest picking up some champs like Rumble because not alot of people use him and hes a great bully in lane and his teamfights are super sexy (i build him tanky/ap).

Hope it helps
-BouncingDonut

BouncingDonut

03-11-2013

Bump- I took my time out of my day to wright this and everyones like NO :[ i will not read this!

CaughtSword

03-11-2013

IMO I like Riven, she has very high mobility and doesn't use mana.

Mich567

03-11-2013

http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-lists/solo-tier-list
This is pretty accurate, but it really depends on your playstyle.

ImGone98

03-11-2013

Jayce,akali, and elise top but elise and akali fall behind late game and signed can be usefull to if you know how to use him

J3WJlTSU

03-11-2013

I like using Irelia and Olaf top, but also enjoy going against the meta and using vlad and other tanky aps top to shake things up

Eagle X D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCompGaming View Post
Hello, this is my first post on the forums, and it looks like a pleasant place. I was wondering what champion I should use for top. I just joined a 5v5 team, and am posted at top, and have never actually practiced it. I just played for fun every once and a while. For top, I am deciding between getting good with Olaf, riven, xin xoa, irelia, jarvan, or kennen. My, adc is caitlyn, and my support is taric. My mid is ahri, and I don't know what my jungler is yet. This is my first team, so let me know if I am saying anything wrong. I want to become as experienced as possible.

Thanks,

ProCompGaming (Michael)
Do not.... ever say that.... THEY will get you.

SnacksNA

03-11-2013

Sup ProCompGaming,

I would suggest playing all the top laners, just to get a feel of who's capable of what. I'm speaking in terms of kiting, gap closers, etc.

Getting a feel of each and every champ would be the best option. It's really up to you to figure out what YOU want to use. Try out each champion and if you find one you favor, stick with that champ.

pig of denmark

03-12-2013

elise hands down!